Grand/W. Caribbean vs. Golden/Mexican Riviera

Elizabeth K.

Just off the CB and had a fantastic time. Looking to plan another cruise for next Feb. Considering the Western Caribbean vs. Mexican Riviera. Any feedback about pros and cons are appreciated. What are the seas like in the Mex. Riviera that time of year? Weather? Is the Golden very similar to the Grand ? We will be women ages 40's -60's

Thanks,

Elizabeth

We will be going on the Diamond in 4 weeks and I know it will be quite different since the Caribbean is known to be warm and for snorkeling while the Mexican Riviera is not so much. We are not in the water people anyway so we will notice different scenes than the beach people will.

Hello Elizabeth,

Late January and February are the best times for Mexico weatherwise, IMHO. I can't comment on the seas at that time of year as most of our Mexican Riveria cruises were taken during other months. I do think the weather going and returning from LA or San Diego will be a bit cool though.

We've always taken our Western Caribbean cruises in November ( don't know about February ) and the seas were very calm.

It was nice meeting you and your mom on the CB. We had a great cruise, didn't we? Say hi to your mom! Is she ready for another cruise?

Mary

Thanks for the info. Newt98 thanks for sharing that thread. For me I have to fly either way but the west coast would cost more.

I'm not a huge in the water person either but I totally appreciate all the colors of blue in the Caribbean and if I do want to go in I'd like it to be warm as I'll be escaping the Wisconsin winter:eek:

Mary, it was great meeting you too. My mom LOVED the cruise-we had such a nice group of people and great weather too. She is up for another one next winter:D

Elizabeth K.

we loved the star, and the itinerary. although, jamaica was our least favorite port. i am planning our trip for next february for the eastern caribbean. i was thinking of the riviera, but i love the caribbean soo much, that i have to go back. i posted a review of my trip, here is the link if you choose to read. thanks!

Archived