sunscreen products on Jewel

maui34

I am sailing in 2 weeks on the Jewel. Has anyone bought any sunscreen products from the ships shops. If so what brand do they have? I have bought Australian Gold products on RCCL and like it. Thanks for any info

I'm not sure, but I think their products were Ski and Sea? There was a very large selection, we did end up getting a blue can of foam stuff that was super easy to use. We ran out of lotion about half way through. I think the can was 12 or 13 dollars, which I thought was quite high. Next time I'll pack more.

Hopefully someone will have a better answer for you!

I have my favorites here at home, but with the Airline 3-1-1 ziplock baggie thing, I have no more room in my 1 quart size ziplock. I also will be going straight from airport to the ship. And I booked shore excursions for all stops, so no buying any on land. Thanks for any help ;)

You could pack big bottles of sunscreen in your checked luggage, and you may be able to find sunscreen at one of the ports that would be cheaper than on board. They probably sell it at one of the shops right off the ship where you dock. For sure it will be alot more if you buy it on board.

I forgot to mention that I'm one of those that DO NOT check luggage. I can get my whole weeks clothes, 12 shirts, 10 shorts and dinner clothes, shoes, etc. all in 1 rolling carry on bag. It is just amazing seeing people with these HUGE suitcases and not just 1 per person. Guess I'll take my chances and buy on board. Just don't want to get there to find Sea & Sea SPF 30. Thanks:D

Maui

I am really impressed that you can get that much clothes in one carry on bag for a week cruise. It couldn't be a very big carry on to fit overhead on the plane. Just how do you do it with shoes and everything and is your stuff wrinkled when you arrive? Tell us how you do it.

Do you roll up all your stuff or do you put stuff in 2 gallon zip locks. That's what I do with our shorts and t-shirts. Put them in large zip locks, zip it almost all the way, then release all the air and the then zip it all the way. The bag is almost flat and the clothes do not move.

I use bags for T's and shorts. Other stuff is not anymore wrinkled than 100 years ago when I overpacked and checked Huge luggage. I just hang in the bath and let the shower steam do the work. Maybe men's clothing is thinner than womens. Naw, us men just cram it in their tighter ! LOL ;) Have a great cruise:D

I buy pre-wrinkled stuff, so when I pack it and it wrinkles it looks better! I tend to buy clothes specifically for travel that are simply resistent to wrinkling. If it does wrinkle - oh well. I have rolled and used vac bags. Both methods work. Going to SA for 14 day cruise with a pre-cruise stay in Buenos Aires and all is fitting very loosely into two 22" checked bags. My carry-on is all computer and camera equipment. My purse is cosmetics with miniatures and fits easily into the quart baggie.

Only reason I'm taking 2 half-full pieces of luggage is to pack all the leather I intend to buy in South America, otherwise I'd fit fine in a 22" suiter.

Archived