Time needed to drive from Dallas to Galveston?

golfer20

Was wondering if it really takes 5 hours to drive from Dallas,Tx to Galveston ? Have looked at several sites and all of them say that it takes around that long.Needing to find out from someone that drives down there alot. Just wanting to make sure. Thanks

Was wondering if it really takes 5 hours to drive from Dallas,Tx to Galveston ? Have looked at several sites and all of them say that it takes around that long.Needing to find out from someone that drives down there alot. Just wanting to make sure. Thanks

I have noticed that if you use, for instance, mapquest, it seems like they always say it takes much longer than it really does. I live in Midland, west of you on I-20, and I can get to Galveston in 8 or 9 hours, but i also head down to I-10, where the speed limit is 80 almost all the way to San Antonio!:eek: I would assume that it WILL take you that long to get there and make sure you leave yourself plenty of time! It seems like that traffic by downtown Houston all the way to Galveston is crazy!! Good luck!

Sheri

Archived