just got my cabin assisgnment

naturalcruiser

Hi all you gaurantee cruisers!

I am on the 3/21 sailing of the Noordam and I just received my cabin assignment. I found it on my immigration form on the Hal site. We booked a VH balcony and ended up witha VA. Has anyone ever been on the very back of the ship facing back. If so please let us know what your experience was.

Thanks a bunch!!!

I am on the 3/21 sailing of the Noordam and I just received my cabin assignment. I found it on my immigration form on the Hal site. We booked a VH balcony and ended up witha VA. Has anyone ever been on the very back of the ship facing back. If so please let us know what your experience was.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Congratulations on the GREAT upgrade! From one of the worst V's to one of the best! Go buy a lottery ticket today. :)

Congratulations on a great upgrade - the aft facing suites are awesome - I was on one in 2006 on the Noordam and it was amazing - We we're in SB7145 and let me tell you, the view was the best - being able to see from the end of the ship. The one downside was the overhang - people on the Lido deck could see onto our balcony and once someone threw down an empty pina colada glass - thank goodness we were inside. But generally speaking the balconies are bigger (sometimes 50%) and the view is breathtaking. I would recommend getting a bottle of wine and sitting on your balcony as you leave port - absolutely breathtaking!

Thanks a bunch!!!

we're aft in April...we love the aft cabins. you will too. nice sized verandahs and the views are to die for! enjoy!

Thanks a bunch!!!

we're aft in April...we love the aft cabins. you will too. nice sized verandahs and the views are to die for! enjoy!

Thanks a bunch!!!

The anticipation is over, we booked a VH balcony guar. also and ended up with VA 8013 (front of ship) and even tho' I'd love to have tried an aft balcony, I'm happy with this assignment! Yipee! It's getting closer!

We too were upgraded to a VA cabin on 3/21 and are very excited. Could someone explain to this category-ignorant cruiser just exactly what the difference is. I know it's up higher on the ship (where you feel the Atlantic rock the ship to a greater extent...hmmmm)...but is the cabin size or verandah larger? I should know this but don't...and can't seem to find anything definitive on the HAL website. Thanks for any enlightenment you can provide!

Must be contagious - we got the VH guarantee to VA aft upgrade too, on the 3/10 "O" to Mexico! We are very excited to be in 5185. My only fear is that since everyone speaks so highly of these cabins, we may never want to go back to "regular" balconies.:)

We too were upgraded to a VA cabin on 3/21 and are very excited. Could someone explain to this category-ignorant cruiser just exactly what the difference is. I know it's up higher on the ship (where you feel the Atlantic rock the ship to a greater extent...hmmmm)...but is the cabin size or verandah larger? I should know this but don't...and can't seem to find anything definitive on the HAL website. Thanks for any enlightenment you can provide!

Not sure the exact difference, but VA is suppose to be the best category of the deluxe balcony rooms. One thing for sure is we have a plexiglass balcony instead of a steel balcony (which some of the VH & VF cabins have) I think also we have a bath/shower combo instead of just a shower. The aft balconies are larger than the port and starboard side balconies (except for the Upper Promenade..I think it's the Upper Promenade) which have bigger balconies too for the VA-VH categories. And yes, the higher you go, the more you'll feel the ship. What deck are you on?

We just got our cabin assignment. We had a VH Guarantee and got a VB room number 6008 on the O 3/10. I am happy to not have the steel railing, but other than that I don't know if there is any difference, other than being a little higher. It is in the front of the ship which I understand is not as good as the middle or back. Are the veranda's bigger on this deck? I am pretty happy (I think!) At least we have a room!!!

Just an observation. It looks like when HAL upgrades, they generally put everyone in the same category.

On my Noordam cruise, everone that booked an inside guarantee was upgraded to a VC.:)

How close to your trip were you informed about your upgrade? It sounds like a fantastic move!

How crowded was the ship?

Does anyone know how to see how many cabins are available on a particular trip?

How close to your trip were you informed about your upgrade? It sounds like a fantastic move!

How crowded was the ship?

Does anyone know how to see how many cabins are available on a particular trip?

We leave on our Noordam one night on May 13 and we found out our cabin assignment a week ago. So over 2 months ahead. Perhaps this experience is unique to a one night cruise.

There is still a fair amount of room aboard, so it looks like even when a ship is not sold out, guarantee assignments can be made.

Best way to see what is open is to check one of the online TA sites and see the list of cabins there.

Archived