Wyndham vs. BCH - Scubagirrl A couple more Questions

Britt23

We are arriving in Nassau in a little over two weeks. It will be our second trip and I would like to spend the day at a beach resort. It wil be myself/hubby/daughter (19) and her boyfriend (19)

I've read all the postings and believe the Wyndham is the right place to go but just want to be sure. We are looking for a fun, clean beach and nice pool. The kids are interested in parasailing, water sports, etc.

My questions are: Do I pick up the bus right off of the pier or do we walk to someplace different to get it? Is it on Cable Beach?

Do you think the Wyndham is the "right" beach for us based on what we are looking for?

I've noticed that some folks don't pay, but I would rather we did. Do we just go to the front desk and ask for a day pass?

Is the Wynham near the BHC?

Thanks for all your help,

Karina

The BCH is right at the pier.... (the large hotel to your right as you dock)

The Wyndam is a few miles to the west on Cable Beach....

If the watersports is high on your neccesity scale, you can skip the BCH, as it is a very quiet pool and beach with zero motorized watersports....

You would have to head over to one of the hotels on Cable Beach for the parasailing, jet skis, etc...

We prefer the peace and quiet (and proximity) of the BCH...but everyone has different priorities to their vacation needs.

Bill

We are arriving in Nassau in a little over two weeks. It will be our second trip and I would like to spend the day at a beach resort. It wil be myself/hubby/daughter (19) and her boyfriend (19)

I've read all the postings and believe the Wyndham is the right place to go but just want to be sure. We are looking for a fun, clean beach and nice pool. The kids are interested in parasailing, water sports, etc.

My questions are: Do I pick up the bus right off of the pier or do we walk to someplace different to get it? Is it on Cable Beach?

Do you think the Wyndham is the "right" beach for us based on what we are looking for?

I've noticed that some folks don't pay, but I would rather we did. Do we just go to the front desk and ask for a day pass?

Is the Wynham near the BHC?

Thanks for all your help,

Karina

If you are looking for Jetski's, parasailing etc.. they Wyndham is the place. BCH is downtown Nassau.. and is a private beach.. No jetskis' etc. Very quiet. Probably not a good choice for teens.

To get the #10 jitney.. head 1 block up from the port to the main street (Bay Street)... go west (right) towards the straw Market. Just across the street from the Straw Market entrance is George Street.. Jitneys are lined up to go. They leave every few minutes and return on the same quick schedule. It's a 10-12 minute ride - west. $1pp. Pay as you LEAVE the bus.

You can pay at the check in desk.. then head out the back door. You will be allowed to use the Wyndam property as well as the Nassau Beach Hotel next door (east).

Enjoy your stay!

Bill and Scubagirrl – Thank you for the quick response. You’ve both been very helpful.If it were just myself and hubby, we would definitely be going to a little quieter place, but I believe the Wyndham will be perfect for the kids.

Scubagirrl - I would like to say a special thanks for all your posts. I’ve read many of them and they are so helpful and informative.

If you are looking for Jetski's, parasailing etc.. they Wyndham is the place. BCH is downtown Nassau.. and is a private beach.. No jetskis' etc. Very quiet. Probably not a good choice for teens.

To get the #10 jitney.. head 1 block up from the port to the main street (Bay Street)... go west (right) towards the straw Market. Just across the street from the Straw Market entrance is George Street.. Jitneys are lined up to go. They leave every few minutes and return on the same quick schedule. It's a 10-12 minute ride - west. $1pp. Pay as you LEAVE the bus.

You can pay at the check in desk.. then head out the back door. You will be allowed to use the Wyndam property as well as the Nassau Beach Hotel next door (east).

Enjoy your stay!

Ehat is the charge for the Wyndam property? Is it a private beach?

What does the $15 include??

Stupid question,but can we use US dollars on the bus??:confused:

$15 included entry to the property, use of the pool, beach, chaise lounge, towel service.

Yes, you can use US$ throughout the bahamas

We just got back yesterday from a 5 day cruise to Nassau and Key West. While in Nassau we stopped at the British Colonial Hilton and went up to the desk to inquire about the availability of day passes. I then asked if it would be ok to take a peek at the beach and was allowed to do so. We decided it was a bit too small and quiet for us. It is lovely and certainly is easy to get to.

We took the #10 jittney out to Cable Beach and went up to the desk at the Radisson Cable Beach Resort. I inquired about a day pass and was told there is no charge and we were free to walk right out to the beach. We had brought our own towels from the ship so all we needed were lounge chairs, which were plentiful. I bought a drink from the beach bar ($9.50 for a frozen pina colada) so did pay a bit! It was a lovely spot, although the water was a tad on the cold side. It was not crowed and the beach was gorgeous.

Now, I'm not sure if it was just a slow day or not, but thought I'd pass this on and see if some of you have similar luck.

Radisson sounds good- is the beach nice? I went to Cabbage Beach last trip & couldn't stand all the vendor hawking everything from drinks, cigars, & even drugs. They let you use the chairs at Radisson-- very nice!

We just got back yesterday from a 5 day cruise to Nassau and Key West. While in Nassau we stopped at the British Colonial Hilton and went up to the desk to inquire about the availability of day passes. I then asked if it would be ok to take a peek at the beach and was allowed to do so. We decided it was a bit too small and quiet for us. It is lovely and certainly is easy to get to.

We took the #10 jittney out to Cable Beach and went up to the desk at the Radisson Cable Beach Resort. I inquired about a day pass and was told there is no charge and we were free to walk right out to the beach. We had brought our own towels from the ship so all we needed were lounge chairs, which were plentiful. I bought a drink from the beach bar ($9.50 for a frozen pina colada) so did pay a bit! It was a lovely spot, although the water was a tad on the cold side. It was not crowed and the beach was gorgeous.

Now, I'm not sure if it was just a slow day or not, but thought I'd pass this on and see if some of you have similar luck.

It's strange that the Radisson would allow you to use the property.. since it is primarily all-inclusive and you need bracelets to be on the property.

Many others have been asked to leave.

I wouldn't count on getting into the Radisson.. but the next door Wyndham you'll have no problem Some days they make you pay $15.. other .. no charge (don't know the reason, whether sloppy management or capacity rules?)

Radisson sounds good- is the beach nice? I went to Cabbage Beach last trip & couldn't stand all the vendor hawking everything from drinks, cigars, & even drugs. They let you use the chairs at Radisson-- very nice!

Yes, we used the lounge chairs and went into the water (but only up to the knees......brrrr....still too cold for us!) It was not crowded at all, so that might account for their flexibility. OTOH, maybe it's because I was so upfront about it and went directly to the desk and inquired, instead of trying to sneak out back. I dunno! Nobody was checking arm bands, despite all the warnings about needing them. The beach is very nice....lots of clean sand and beaufiful turquoise water.

Archived