Where's my passport? Going to the Med

travelingmcmahans

Another thread I've been reading that mentions ships taking possession of one's passport has me concerned. We sailed on HAL through the Baltics and kept our passports the entire time so this is new to me.

We are sailing the Galaxy through the Eastern Med this summer. For those of you who have taken this cruise, do they take your passport and keep it? I do *not* like the thought of wandering around other countries without my passport. In addition we plan to spend the night in Istanbul rather than return to the ship, and the hotel may want to see our passport.

Thanks for any info you can share.

Another thread I've been reading that mentions ships taking possession of one's passport has me concerned. We sailed on HAL through the Baltics and kept our passports the entire time so this is new to me.

We are sailing the Galaxy through the Eastern Med this summer. For those of you who have taken this cruise, do they take your passport and keep it? I do *not* like the thought of wandering around other countries without my passport. In addition we plan to spend the night in Istanbul rather than return to the ship, and the hotel may want to see our passport.

Thanks for any info you can share.

We've been on 2 X med cruises and have always kept our passports in our possession.

Archived