NYT Article re: cruise message boards - Emmy is Quoted!

TexasMom2

Hey, Emmy, you are famous! :)

It is a pretty basic article, just to let the reading public know that cruise message boards exist. Anyone who is ON a board will find the article simplistic, and written by someone who has NO experience either with cruising or these boards.

To wit:

"In rare instances, dialogue can become harsh, catty and just plain rude — as when a pack on cruisecritic.com went off on a mother who brought her diapered infant into the adult pool (a “fecal teabag,” one visitor called it). "

Whether or not you remember this actual thread (I certainly do!), it is clear that there was no "pack going off on a mother" - and no responding poster was "rude" to criticize the OP - the mother was clearly in the wrong to violate the strict rule about not putting babies in the pool.

And the fecal teabag phrase is just plain brilliant. :D (no, I was not the original author of this phrase, although I have used it)

It is always fun to get publicity, and Emmy is a STAR! ;)

It is a pretty basic article, just to let the reading public know that cruise message boards exist. Anyone who is ON a board will find the article simplistic, and written by someone who has NO experience either with cruising or these boards.

To wit:

"In rare instances, dialogue can become harsh, catty and just plain rude — as when a pack on cruisecritic.com went off on a mother who brought her diapered infant into the adult pool (a “fecal teabag,” one visitor called it). "

Whether or not you remember this actual thread (I certainly do!), it is clear that there was no "pack going off on a mother" - and no responding poster was "rude" to criticize the OP - the mother was clearly in the wrong to violate the strict rule about not putting babies in the pool.

And the fecal teabag phrase is just plain brilliant. :D (no, I was not the original author of this phrase, although I have used it)

Thanks Mom.. now that was a treat to see my name there... fun indeed!

To wit:

I remember that thread. I started it!!! :D

Emmy, I knew we were in the presence of a special person when we sailed on the Freedom members cruise. Now the rest of the world, or at least those who read the Times now so as well.:)

Oh Bill.. you are so sweet to say so... thank you. I hope our cruising paths cross again ..hey maybe when RCI brings that ship back to the Boston area :)

I know I will read about it here first!

Archived