Dog Sled Tour Cancelled - Desperate!

cpayne

We had a helicopter ride/dog sled tour booked with Coastal Tours in Juneau for 8/24. I just recd an email today that effective 8/19 they are closing camp due to the warm temps. I am almost in tears! This was the one excursion I was most looking forward to for the entire trip!!

Does anyone know if Norwegian Spirit is still offering this tour? My fear in booking through the cruise ship is the conditions may have deteriorated, but they'll still offer the tour to get your money even though it's not the best quality.

Has anyone done this tour lately? How were the conditions?

Any suggestions?????

If the camp is closed how could NCL offer the tour? When I cruised Alaska late August last year the camps were shut down too. It seems to be the trend. There are so many wonderful things to do in Alaska, I wouldn't let this wreck what promises to be a wonderful cruise. Save your tears for election day.

We had booked this tour through an independent operator outside the cruise line. I guess I'm assuming there is more than one dog camp and therefore others may still be open? Is this wishful thinking on my part?

There is only one camp in Juneau however they offer the same tour in Skagway. It's highly likely that they too will be closing. It is a FABULOUS, FABULOUS trip.

Temsco is the ONLY helicopter company that runs these tours in Skagway. Check directly with them. They will have the TRUE scoop. I hope you can do this as it was the highlight of our trip.

http://www.temscoair.com/tours_skagway.html

Archived