Fairfield Inn at New Orleans airport- transportation to port..

flygirl2

We are flying to New Orleans for our cruise and I got us a room at the Fairfield Inn by the airport for the night before the cruise. Looks like we will need a taxi to the port in the morning. Does anyone have any experiences staying at the Fairfield Inn? I asked the hotel how much a cab would be to the port and they thought about $28. Does anyone have any experiences with transportation to the port from the airport? Also how hard is it getting a cab back to the airport upon arriving back at port? Thanks!

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn years ago before we flew to San Juan to catch a cruise. It was fine for just one night. I can't remember about any places to eat close by because we arrived late and flew out early.

Of course that was pre-Katrina. From what I have read recently, the $28.00 taxi one way is correct for 2 people and normal luggage.

I would write down the taxi's phone number and give them a call on your cell phone when you get back about the time you are ready to debark. We have not ever had to catch a taxi back to the airport, so I am not certain about the time wait. (again especially after Katrina)

Have a great cruise!!

Archived