Grand Suite Questions

mamagg

Hi all-Thinking of booking grand suite on Mediterranea...it's only $300 more than superior balcony. Any tips? We have hold on aft Grand Suite but are concerned at top level that pool goers will look down on us and that we will overhear their conversations. We can move down one deck as well. Or, we could choose mid-ship Grand Suite, but we would miss those great views from the aft. The suite layout appears different in the aft rooms/the living room/bedroom appear to be separated. Any guidance on your preference of this situation? Can anyone mention any special perks from the suites? Thanks!

The suites all of the way aft are Mini suites (at least on the Magica) and have a funny room layout and no sitting area, due to the room arrangement but a larger balcony; the Grand Suites have a more traditional room arrangement, plus a sitting area, and a balcony that is larger than a regular balcony room. We have seen both, but never stayed in one (either directly upon embarkation or before leaving we make it a point to check out the "cool rooms" on any ship; the cabin stewards are always proud to show off the rooms.) For my money, the mid ship suites are nicer, but do a google search and you'll get some pictures of the actual rooms through another cruise lovers site:p

The suites in the aft have an awesome balcony! The above decks can only see you if you are at the edge. I hated the layout instead of one large room you get 2 small areas and a lot of wasted space. If I were to book again I would pick mid-ship. Hope it helps.

Hi guys! Thanks so much. We have 30 more minutes on our hold on this suite. So do you guys think we should take the view of the aft even though it has a weird two-room grand suite layout, or should we choose the more open room with the mid-ship view? I thought that layout looked funny on the virtual tour, but I figured I was just looking at it funny. Weird they would separate the rooms like that. May I ask how much you paid for your grand suite? We have chance to buy it at $839 7 nights. Thanks!

we did book the aft grand suite. we are on the highest floor and can move down one floor if you guys think that would save us from pool onlookers or their noise. there is only one other cabin left, though, in the aft. there are a few mid-ship GS left as well, and we probably could switch in the next few days if we act quickly. But something about those aft views and that extra large balcony, 273 feet, is drawing us to the aft. Any opinions? Thanks you guys!

http://community.webshots.com/album/284251135fAWxsF

I was worried that I scared you off the aft balcony, and didn't want to offer anymore advice. However, I would choose the lower balcony, because then you are sandwiched in between cabins, less noise from above.

And for Honduras...Tayabana Beach has the best snorkeling I have ever seen. This is a Costa excursion, and you can't go there privately.

Jan

We were in a Grand Suite, midship, on Magica. We were not very impressed with the room. Other lines suites are much roomier. The balcony was the length of the room, but the depth was the same as regular balconcy rooms. There was barely enough room for two lounge and one regular chair and a small table. We wished we had booked the aft suite. As far as perks, you get robes, slippers, a nice bath with jacuzzi tub and bidet, room service, butler, fresh fruit basket every day.

I would stick with the aft suite if I were you. Have a wonderful time!!

Archived