Please help, need guidance

shergar1

Ok, bear with me.I booked a ov cabin for my wife and I plus two kids for Feb6 on the gem.Then, my brother decided to go and booked for him and his wife. from IrelandThen, my darling mother and father in law:mad: decided to go and we booked them on our acct.My brother booked his own on his credit card. For hits and giggles I put the info in cruise compete and got a quote ranging from 5k for everyone to 9k.All together we paid around 9100 for 6adults and 2 kids for an ocean view.My question is HELP me figure out if I have any options

I made a reservation with one of the agencies that quoted back. When the fare dropped they would not drop the price. Turns out they had put is in a group and used a special fare. I could not cancel as they charge $75.00 per person and we were 4 so it wasn't really worth it. Contacted NCL but they refused to help as it was "between you and your agent".

Will not use this service again.

I used a company from Cruise Compete to book our upcoming Spirt cruise on March 10th. They were by far the cheapest rate. Service has been fine thus far. As for the outlaws, dealing with the same situation here. We have 3 cabins booked beside each other one for us, the kids and then the outlaws. This is their first cruise so they will be a bit overwhelmed to begin with. We have gone ahead and booked excursions without them as they are limited with some mobility issues. Plan on dining most evening with them but I think they will hit the hay early. My kids are looking forward to showing them what cruising is all about. I'm sure you will have a great time with the inlaws....you are on a cruise!!!

Hi,

I used a Cruise Compete agency to book my June 2007 cruise and saved approx. $500. Other than having to email her a couple times to make sure my crib request gets put in, I've encountered no problems. I checked the NCL site shortly after I booked and all our info was entered correctly. We have until the middle of March to cancel our trip without penalty, so if you aren't sailing until 2008 you should be able to switch without a problem. Before you make any decisions, call and speak to the agencies that gave you the low quotes and ask them about cancellation penalties, price drops, etc. The woman I booked through doesn't charge a penalty for cancellation and she honors price drops, but not all do. Good luck:)

I made a reservation with one of the agencies that quoted back. When the fare dropped they would not drop the price. Turns out they had put is in a group and used a special fare. I could not cancel as they charge $75.00 per person and we were 4 so it wasn't really worth it. Contacted NCL but they refused to help as it was "between you and your agent".

NCL will not even drop your price if you have booked and then the price drops. When you book, it locks in your price and NCL nor the TA will reduce the rate just because the price drops. You make a choice when you book...book early and get a better selection of cabins or hold off booking to see if the price drops but have less selection into cabin location. Don't blame the service, it is the same for all.

Just wondering if I had any options but I am a bit wary of these "cheaper companies". Also looking for advice on how to deal with my mother in law for 10 days:) Thank you for the quick responses

Cruise Complete is GREAT I've used them for almost every cruise I've been on (see signature) and never had any issues.

It is between you and the agency. If they put you into their group which I, personally wouldn't do without letting cliants know the price is pretty much frozen. I think charging a $75 cancellation fee is totally out of line, but I am afraid you are stuck.

NMNIta

NCL will not even drop your price if you have booked and then the price drops. When you book, it locks in your price and NCL nor the TA will reduce the rate just because the price drops. You make a choice when you book...book early and get a better selection of cabins or hold off booking to see if the price drops but have less selection into cabin location. Don't blame the service, it is the same for all.
Sorry Keystone, I don't know what your experience has been, but NCL will adjust the price if it is before final payment. I have done this with them many times. I did have them turn me down about 3 months ago, but it was after final payment plus the cliants were getting an OBC which they would have lost. That I do understand. NMNita

to all of you mentioning Cruise Complete, if this is a company, you are going against CC and all other cruise forum rules by mentioning the name of a company. Just an FYI. As soon as the staff picks up on this all the posts will be pulled.

NMNita

Hi,

Cruise Compete is not a travel agency nor is it owned by a travel agency. It is a website you go to to find an online travel agency. Hopefully, since none of us actually posted the names of the agencies that we found through Cruise Compete, we haven't broken any rules! If I have, I apologize:)

Huh? I have never heard of this. As far as I know as long as it is before final payment they will lower the price. And if your TA does not charge a fee for canceling (such as being in a group) you are free to cancel and rebook at the lower rate. My old TA would not lower the rate for me so I canceled with him and re-booked the exact same room with another TA at the lower rate. Then when the price dropped more the TA called NCL and got me the lower rate. If you TA is saying NCL won't lower your fare when the rates drop you might want to check with another TA.

Archived