Cabins on Lido on Liberty

shipty2

I am thinking about upgrading from OV on Riviera to a balcony on Lido deck. There are only 2 to choose from that fit three people. They are 9257 &9258. Am I going to be feeling the motion on the ocean this far forward? How about noise wise?

I'm interested in answers to your question too. My TA has been on the Liberty several times. He said I'll feel motion in my cabin (8240) if the ship is in choppy water. He said if the ship is in choppy water, most cabins will feel it. Naturally the front will feel it more than the mid-sections. Those cabins look like they are sandwiched between cabins above and below, so you shouldn't have much noise. You should also have very little hallway noise since there are only a few cabins forward from them. I've considered moving back to 8270, but there are only 10 or so cabins between that and 8240, so I don't think there would be much difference as far as movement.

One more thing, I'd move off the Riviera deck simply because you don't know what/who will be directly below you on the deck reserved for the crew. It could be a cabin, but it could also be a cafe or laundry or game room reserved for the crew.

I want to move off riviera because apparently I can't have a guarantee because i have three people in one cabin and am booked as a group. I have been in a 6A (riviera OV) cabin before with no problems but I wanted to roll the dice on a guarantee. Unfortunately our group has Carnival's worst PVP so I figured after all this aggravation I would get cabin nearer the food as per DH request. I do suffer from motion sickness from all sorts of things but so far never on a ship. I have also sailed in a 5A cabin near the bow and was not bothered by the rocking at all.

Of course it has been 4 days and PVP from hell hasn't returned my call or email.

We were in Cabin#9278 in 4/06 & we had no probs with motion as the weather was outstanding. We loved the Lido Deck as it was pretty high & easy to get to the pool & buffet area & there was NO NOISE even though there were doors close by leading outside. FYI- we were on the city/town side of the ship everytime we docked: Costa Maya, Limon, Costa Rica & Colon, Panama which is outstanding-bring binoculars!

Archived