Docs at Port 3/10 OPERA

joybaby

My TA called me yesterday and said our docs will be issued at the port. MSC has started this system, however not all TA's are doing it yet. Guess I have to take name labels and a magic marker to mark my luggage tags when I arrive. It's fine w/ me, it saves trees!!:cool:

Just recently on the Opera and this was our first time without docs - seemed strange, but worked.

Upon arrival at the port, someone will be there with a manifest for cabin numbers if needed, luggage tags and a pen. This was the first time the amount of luggage we could carry on has been limited, however. I like to take my small carry on and my smallest bag onboard with me. We were limited to one bag in addition to purse. It wasn't a problem, just hadn't had this restriction before at any port.

Inside, there were chairs and we were given a number and asked to sit until that group number was called. That was probably about thirty minutes, then we stood in a short line to arrive at registration. I found it a better process than some use with the long winding line inching forward at a snail's pace. Process at registration was very quick and we were soon onboard.

Have a great time!

Our TA just called yesterday to say that our docs should be to her any day now and then she would forward them on to us. I'm really hoping this is true. What would happen if we didn't receive our docs and they were not at the port? (she hasn't proven to be the best TA)

I use a large internet travel agency w/ a great agent. She said MSC is phasing out the docs by mail, but naturally they can't do it w/ every co. right away. So, I guess they pick and choose until the job is down.

She sent me a confirmation, from MSC to carry w/ me. I have to say, it feels better w/ the docs in hand.

Archived