"obstructed view"

sc_cruisers12

Hello all-

Can anyone tell me how "obstructed" the obstructed view cabins are? I realize that we won't have any view, but will there at least be a little light coming into the cabin?

Thanks!

You didn't mention which ship and deck. Some cabins on the Zaandam and her sisters on the lower prom deck are obstructed by the structure of the ship. I had H3300 on the Zaandam. I got plenty of light and had a pretty good view in one direction.

Other cabins are obstructed by the lifeboats, and again depending on which cabin may have some view, but all should have plenty of light.

Rich

SC,

After further review of the deck plans of the Westerdam, it appears that the only fully obstructed and partially obstructed views are located on the Upper Promenade Deck, and as I had thought originally it was due to the positioning of the lifeboats.

You'll have plenty of light, so don't worry about that!

I will be on the Westerdam in June.

When you're asking a question like this, the more specific you are the better the answers will be ... like right down to the cabin number if you have it.

If you are in an HH, H, or GG, you will have floor-to-ceiling windows that most likely look directly at the side of a lifeboat or tender. If you have a G you will have some view between them. :)

ATTN: RICHWMN. Can you tell me more about 3300. We were offered that cabin instead of 7083, an I ( inside) on the aft Navagation deck that actually has a window and is just a door away from a seldom crowded aft deck. Would you have traded? This is for a Sept. Alaska booking. Thanks,

Blessings,

Gail

I am in an HH guarantee, so I have no idea what the cabin number will be. SOOO new to posting! :)

I will be on the Westerdam for the Mediterranean itinerary. We want to have windows that so that our internal clocks don't over-rule the actual time! When we had an inside cabin in Alaska, our east-coast bodies had the worst time making the time adjustments to four hours off. Silly, we know!:p

Like I said, we are fine to look at a lifeboat, which I am sure is what we are doing. We just didn't know if the boat blocked the ENTIRE window, and therefore no light would get through.

ATTN: RICHWMN. Can you tell me more about 3300. We were offered that cabin instead of 7083, an I ( inside) on the aft Navagation deck that actually has a window and is just a door away from a seldom crowded aft deck. Would you have traded? This is for a Sept. Alaska booking. Thanks,

Blessings,

Gail

I had that cabin on my first cruise. Major benefits -- it is the first cabin forward on the starboard side of the lower prom deck. About half the view out the window is clear, the rest is obstructed by the structure of the ship. Out the door to the left is a door to the lower prom deck, so you have the greatest view and largest balcony at you fingertips(maybe five steps).

Minor downside - if it is a problem, it is a lengthy stroll to a staircase or elevator. Also, if in a port that actually anchors, you might hear the anchor fall very early in the morning..

The room is a nice size and was arraigned well. I really enjoyed it.

Rich

I am in an HH guarantee, so I have no idea what the cabin number will be.

We just didn't know if the boat blocked the ENTIRE window, and therefore no light would get through.

I've never been in an HH, but have seen pictures. I'd say they lifeboats are "a couple of feet" from the glass, and you'll be able to see sky.

However, since the HH is the lowest priced outside cabin, I'm sure that many more people book HH guarantees than the 6 that exist on the ship. So, unless you're one of the unlucky 6, you'll end up with something better anyway. Maybe a non-verandah still, but better than an HH! Start checking your HAL-site Immigration Form about 4 weeks from sailing. And good luck! :)

Archived