Seniors need a hotel in Long Beach

Moondawgie

I am booking a hotel for my Mother and three of her friends who are going on the Paradise in September. Would you please advise a hotel that is in a safe area, has a shuttle to the airport and pier, not expensive?

They are seniors, so the easier and most convenient (and not expensive) the better.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I am booking a hotel for my Mother and three of her friends who are going on the Paradise in September. Would you please advise a hotel that is in a safe area, has a shuttle to the airport and pier, not expensive?

They are seniors, so the easier and most convenient (and not expensive) the better.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

"Not expensive" is relative...

What might be "not expensive" for us here in the LA area might be expensive for you...but, I'll give it a shot anyway...

First, they want to be in the "Convention Center" area of Long Beach...There will be shuttles... and even walking distance to the local attractions...

This means the area bounded by Shoreline Drive W to the West, Atlantic Blvd to the East and within a block or so of Ocean Avenue...

That would mean the following hotels:

Renaissance Long Beach

Hyatt Regency Long Beach

Westin Long Beach

Courtyard Long Beach Downtown

Hilton Long Beach

Rodeway Inn

...and, possibly, the...

Coast (across a small bridge, but closer to the pier)

The Queen Mary is right next to the pier, but there have been some negative reports of late...

Any of these hotels will likely run from over $100 to over $300...

But I have seen reports of people getting some of them on Priceline for as little as $60...so, if they're in a gambling mood, you might want to try there...

On Priceline, it's the area designated "Long Beach" that's fairly narrowly drawn in this area of Long Beach...

Otherwise, call the hotels and ask specifically if they have any "deals"...Senior rates, AAA rates, special offers, etc.

Good luck...

Archived