How Many Formal vs. Informal vs Casual Nights - Odd Number of Days

Palmetto Lady

We are going on an 18 days cruise on the Statendam - Oksaka to Vancouver. I know that HA states that there are 2 formal nights a week. This cruise is 2 and a half weeks - 4 or 5 formal nights? Also how many semi-formal vs. casual nights? Do they tell you in their pre-cruise literature? We've done a lot of cruising, but sometimes I've brought too many dressy things.:)

The Statendam's switchover date for the new dress code is May 20. That means you still should be on the current casual, informal, formal. We have the same problem with our 18 day on the Veendam in April. Will they use the old with some informal or the new with no informal. My documents are not correct as they give dress for 14 nights, not 18. They also list a couple of informal nights, but reviews here have noted many cruises are already dropping informal. It would appear the dress on the documents is written by someone in Seattle and is not always correct.

We are two women (mother & daughter). We are just guessing there will be 4 or 5 formal nights and possibly no informal. We don't want to pack unneeded clothes for our international flight. Our plan is not to take any informal clothes that only work for informal. My formal outfits are 2-piece. I'm taking 2 formal skirts, 4 formal tops. More than 4 formal evenings and outfits will start being repeated. I may also take a slack outfit that I use for informal but will also work for casual. I'm not taking "informal" dresses that are too dressy for casual and yet not suitable for formal.

Archived