HAL snorkel packages?

sailor5552

Hello friends,

Can someone let us know if HAL has snorkel package rentals on board for the cruises? We leave on the 10 day 4/11 Noordam cruise and for the 3 of us to buy vests, fins, masks and snorkels will cost almost $300US. With so many of the ports having great places to enjoy the sport, we don't want to miss out. However, the thought of renting on the beach from vendors creeps us out. Yuck.

We cruised with NCL and they offered a complete package that allowed us to keep everything for the week, and they showed us how they disinfected all the stuff.

Unless I missed it, I did not see anything on the HAL website.

Thanks a bunch

I haven't seen anything about renting on board - the DW and I usually rent from the vendors on the beach. Half Moon Cay has snorkel gear rentable for $5 pp/day, and since its from the Line, i'm sure they clean them. Saltwater acts as a decent disinfectant, but if you're paranoid about it you might be better off buying your own gear.:cool:

I would recommend buying your own snorkel, maybe even your own mask. Anything other than that you can just rent from the local vendors and not worry too much about how it was sterilized. We didn't like the quality of the snorkel or masks that you rent from the locals, and didn't even want to consider the sterilization procedures (or lack thereof) involved.

Archived