Cover up for a "skirtini" swimsuit

March Cruiser

I just bought an adorable skirtini to wear on my cruise, it's by Tommy Hilfiger (sp?)... it's a tank top and a bottom with attached short skirt. What kind of cover up should I look for? It seems like the dress kind will be too bulky over it, but obviously pants are out.... so I just don't know. Any suggestions?

TIA!

Chandra

My choice for a coverup is nothing more than a linen big shirt that is styled similar to a man's dress shirt. It covers me down to mid thigh and has long sleeves which I turn up to 3/4 length. If I need to protect my arms from the sun, they can be rolled down. Being that it is a natural fabric, it is comfortable even in the hot sun. Often I will pop this shirt on over other clothes like tank tops or cami's when going to the dining room where it is often quite chilly...it's great to have clothes that can do double duty in order to travel lighter.

What colour is it? Is it solid or print? I am partial to pareos as cover-ups because they are so versatile..you can wear them as a long or short skirt or as a shawl in a pinch.... however considering the tankini bottem is a skirt I agree an oversized open shirt or a tank top would do as well!:p

http://www.hilohatties.com/items.cfm?catid=18&objectgroup_id=497

or

http://www.abcstores.com/browse.cfm/2,42.html

If you don't already have a piece of cloth for sewing, these are probably less expensive and a whole lot easier.

I love pareos and use them for a multitude of things while on a cruise. A cover up, a blanket to lay on (I'm not fond of laying on terrycloth :o ), I can fold it and use it for a carry all off the ship, a laundry bag to carry to the laundrette (mostly for hotels, I'm also not fond of doing laundry on a cruise!). It has been an emergency towel, a headwrap, a cover to protect my skin from too much sun. I've used it to protect my bum from a too hot bench or seat in a car, or to protect my cars upholstery from sunscreen. All this and very pretty :)

I wear the skirtted bottoms with a bikini top as well and I found this guaze type BOHO cover-up at Target and love, love, love it. Looks like a dress over swimsuit (the pic looks like it is short, but fits me great as a dress over swimsuit). It is lightweight and not bulky, as I wanted to make sure of that as well and I personally don't care for sarongs...and with this cover-up dress I can wear my flip flops with it and go grab lunch on ship, play bingo, etc... and look acceptable. Let me see if pic will work or not.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail-tab-popup.html/ref=in_de_detail-item-display/601-3440690-9168967?ie=UTF8&parentStoreItem=0&asin=B000I0PYUS&tabToSelect=additionalImages

Archived