Just off Brilliance 11 day......any questions???

You have the menus???? YIPPPPEEEE!!!

Any chance you can email them to me, I am the starter for my roll call and would love to post them. sclmkl@gmail.com

Any must do's or don't bothers?

Which excursions did you end up doing? I talked to you on the ports of call board about some of them.

Thanks for anything you can tell me!!!

I cannot WAIT for your review and comments. I want to know it ALL! We are leaving on Sunday for Miami to sail on Monday. Our flight home is at 11:15 on the 16th, so have been a little concerned that it is too early. What do you think? Can't wait to hear all the skinny. Will I be all right carrying my Diet Pepsi onboard? Did you see anyone not allowed to take soft drinks? I need that like others need coffee - just can't drink Coke products. How about alcohol confiscation? See - I really do want to know it all.:D

which is cable bridges & rope bridges up in the trees. Monkees, toucans & those incredible ants carrying leaves on their backs by the hundreds. AND YES IT DID RAIN!

They also have a driven tram thru the trees for the handicapped.

We are on the 10 day 4/6 cruise. Looking forward to your review. What did you do in Costa Rica?

You have the menus???? YIPPPPEEEE!!!

Any chance you can email them to me, I am the starter for my roll call and would love to post them. sclmkl@gmail.com

Any must do's or don't bothers?

Which excursions did you end up doing? I talked to you on the ports of call board about some of them.

Thanks for anything you can tell me!!!

honestly.....do everything, i was not disappointed with any of the excursions, activities or the production shows which were fantastic.

Excursions that i did,

Labadee - Kayaking (great and well worth the 38$) but be aware of the haglers they take you to in Haiti.

also did the Haitian walk which was great, the giude was a local and had great info about labadee and its people.

Aruba - did a private tour, when you get off the ship, there are ppl waiting to take you on 2 -3 hr tours for $20 each (ship excursion would be $45) TAKE THE TOUR!!!! its well worth the $20..and for an extra $5 each my family of 6 were able to have a private tour. I will post the name of our guide in my review. i dont remember her name now.

Curacao - did the exact same thing as in Aruba, our giude in Aruba arranged for a giude in Curacao...$250 for the whole day for 6 people.

Panama - Locks by ferry, great and worth the money.

Costa Rica - Charlie Soto, had a great time we went to the canals, banana plantation, a private farm with a walk through the rain forest, he was very accomodating.

We are on the 10 day 4/6 cruise. Looking forward to your review. What did you do in Costa Rica?

Costa rica i did Charlie Soto......highly recommend him, very accomodating

I will be posting the review in the review section of CC. might not be untill this weekend, my desk has pilled up at work.

will get the pics, compasses and menus on the next few days.....takes a long time to upload 2000 pics from a mem card. and i will include a link on this thread. will include scanned menus........dont ask how i got the menus. :p i said i wouldnt tell.

we go Sunday to sail Monday ....

how was the weather? Were the sea days cool or needing coats/jackts? How warm was the water? Can we plan to snorkle?

How was the food? Any don't miss events on the ship?

Weather was nice the whole trip, other than Costa Rica (it rained), sea days i never needed a jacket during the day it was sunny and hot, and at night it was a windy but still remaind warm. the water was cool on the ship and in the ocean, but not that bad, yes you can plan to snorkle. i did in Aruba.

Who was your captain and what was your sailing date?

I cant remember his name, i have all the info at home I will let you know when i get home later.

However, an interesting peice of news, the captain of the BOS will be the test captian of the New Genisis class of ship in 2009 he anounced that durring the captians meet and also during the C&A party. He's been with RCCL for 30 years.

Sailing date was Feb 12

Glad you had a good time! 3 couples from WV are sailing on 3/26/07. Do you remember if BOS had any laundry specials during the cruise?? On one cruise they had a "bag special" for a set price. I can't remember which cruise line. Did you try to bring soft drinks or beer on board at embarkation or at any ports?

Thanks!

Glad you had a good time! 3 couples from WV are sailing on 3/26/07. Do you remember if BOS had any laundry specials during the cruise?? On one cruise they had a "bag special" for a set price. I can't remember which cruise line. Did you try to bring soft drinks or beer on board at embarkation or at any ports?

Thanks!

Hi,

We have a great roll call going for the 3/26 sailing, with 47 signed up for the meet and mingle. Please come and sign up the link is in my signature.

Sue

Thanks!

now that i think of it, i never did see anything in terms of laundry pricing or anything. I was meaning the check and get a list to scan. so i dont know sorry.

We did bring on a few 2 litre bottles of coke in our checked bags (had no problem) someone i was with brought on some liquer at cristobal, but they did nothing at that time (dunno why, i wasnt there). however i did see people being stopped and having to keep their bottles in a basket with the crew until the end of the cruise, which of course you would get back at the on your last night.

Hi,

We have a great roll call going for the 3/26 sailing, with 47 signed up for the meet and mingle. Please come and sign up the link is in my signature.

Sue

Yes deffinetaly go and sign up for M&M it was great meeting ppl, RCCL reserved one of the public rooms for us on the ship and gave us nice goodies, also gave us free soda and juice

I cant remember his name, i have all the info at home I will let you know when i get home later.

However, an interesting peice of news, the captain of the BOS will be the test captian of the New Genisis class of ship in 2009 he anounced that durring the captians meet and also during the C&A party. He's been with RCCL for 30 years.

Sailing date was Feb 12

We were on the Feb. 2, ten day sailing. The Captain was A. Remo and he did make an announcement at the Captain's reception that he would be involved in the Genesis project.

I cannot WAIT for your review and comments. I want to know it ALL! We are leaving on Sunday for Miami to sail on Monday. Our flight home is at 11:15 on the 16th, so have been a little concerned that it is too early. What do you think? Can't wait to hear all the skinny. Will I be all right carrying my Diet Pepsi onboard? Did you see anyone not allowed to take soft drinks? I need that like others need coffee - just can't drink Coke products. How about alcohol confiscation? See - I really do want to know it all.:D

Sorry about that, i must have missed your post.

i think 11:15 am should be no problem, they have service available for all early flights out, you will get an early departure time, check your compass for details.

we checked with our luggage 3 2L of coke, had no problem, just ask your steward to remove everything in the fridge, that way you wont be charged for the food in the fridge. and you can place the pepsi in the fridge.

alcohol....i dont drink, but someone i was with had no problem bringing it on (i think they were lucky) because i noticed a large basket full of alcohol products at the gangway area and they were telling ppl that they would get them back on the last night of the cruise....im talking about at the ports, as far as embarkation i really dont know

btw - I was supposed to be on the March 5th sailing, but due to work obligations we had to move it up to feb 12. im really currious to see what we might have missed on the March 5th sailing, and what we were lucky to see on the Feb 12th sailing that wont be on the March 5th....such as Marty Allan, he and his wife were on 2 sailings Feb 2 & Feb 12, and are now off to Vegas to do some shows.

Torontomale26,

I'm on the 3-26-07 sailing also and was wondering if the new bedding was installed yet and if you were aware of any of the new amenities that are supposed to be fazed into all suites? I look forward to your review and copies of the menus and compasses.

Torontomale26,

I'm on the 3-26-07 sailing also and was wondering if the new bedding was installed yet and if you were aware of any of the new amenities that are supposed to be fazed into all suites? I look forward to your review and copies of the menus and compasses.

No new bedding, we werent able to get egg crates either. We were told by the cabin attendant that we should have made arrangements with RCCL before the cruise for the egg crates because if needed they will ship them from Miami

Sorry I dont know anything about the suites.

Thank you so much for posting your compasses. It really sets the excitement meter up a little for my upcoming 11 day cruise. Can't wait to see the menus. Do you have any advice/tips for taking an 11 day cruise? 7 days is my previous max. Thanks for your help. p.s I am also from T.O

Archived