Dunn's Falls and Tubing-what to do with stuff?

Curlygurl

We took Phil's tour. You can just leave your stuff on the bus as he makes sure it will be safe. We took the towels from the ship and wore our swimsuits under our clothes. There wasn't any place to change at the river tubing, that I remember; we just put our clothes back on over our suits, or wrapped in towels. ]

After climbing the falls we spent some time on the beach there and were pretty dry, so just put our clothes back on. There are changing rooms, though, if you want to use them.

There will be photographers taking pictures while you climb that you can buy at the end. They bring fresh flowers to put in your hair!

Also we gave a waterproof camera to our guide (so did just about everyone else) and he took our photo for us. Mark your camera in some way so you can identify it from all the others! :)

Have great fun; we did!

We are also reserved with Phil. He did say you can leave your things in the van. We are doing the Highlights Tour which does not include the tubing.

Does anyone know if the admission price for the falls is included with Phil's price? Also we are supposed to go to Coyaba gardens with this tour and would that price be included too?

Thanks

Are the falls in the same area as where the tubing takes place? And, which do you do first? Up the falls; down in the tubes?!:)

The falls and tubing river are not in the same area, though not all that far apart--it was maybe a 20 minute drive between them. We did the tubing first, then the falls, but I think that depends on your tour and driver.

It was fun--enjoy!

We did both excursions through the cruise lines during different stops and have loved them both. At Dunn's Falls there are lockers. You can actually take a nice camera and give it to your guide. He will have many cameras around his neck to take your picture. I personally wouldn't want to trust someone with a nice camera.

For tubing, it is a cool, scary ride up the mountain. On the drive up, you have a driver and guide for the bus. You keep your belongings on the bus and the driver will meet you at the end of the tubing tour.

Joe

We are also reserved with Phil. He did say you can leave your things in the van. We are doing the Highlights Tour which does not include the tubing.

Does anyone know if the admission price for the falls is included with Phil's price? Also we are supposed to go to Coyaba gardens with this tour and would that price be included too?

Thanks

We were with Phil last week on the Dunns and Tubing, we skipped Fern Gully(see my member review), you pay as you go which added up to the penny (before tips) at the end when you pay Phil.

Phil was a really nice guide and very knowledgeable.

Family of 5 going on Fall's, tubing, shopping, & lunch excursion... what do you do with your belongings? Do you take a towel? Change of clothes?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: It's with Phil Lafayette.

We brought cover ups and towels. Once we left the van we took our cover ups and t-shirts off and left these in the tour van. At the falls you will be mostly dried by the time you get back to the van. For the tubing, probaly only your bottom half will be wet. Left everything else in Phil's van. This business is his livelyhood, comments about missing items could destroy his business, he will not let anything happen to your items.

Our ship doesn't offer a river tubing & Dunns falls excursion, and that is what we want to do. Is there someone else who sells this package?

When we went we used used the services of Peat Taylor www.peattaylor.com and he was excellent. Took great care of us and all of our belongings were very safe. Your day with Peat will cost $35 and include admission to the Falls. River tubing is $20.00 additional.

We were with Phil last week on the Dunns and Tubing, we skipped Fern Gully(see my member review), you pay as you go which added up to the penny (before tips) at the end when you pay Phil.

Phil was a really nice guide and very knowledgeable.

Does this mean that we are responsible for the admissions to each place? So we pay at Dunns River Falls and the Coyaba Gardens and then we pay him at the end? It is supposed to be $35 for the Highlights tour.

Does this mean that we are responsible for the admissions to each place? So we pay at Dunns River Falls and the Coyaba Gardens and then we pay him at the end? It is supposed to be $35 for the Highlights tour.

Yep, we were a little messed up because of this but our adult cost worked out to $15 at Dunns, $20 to tube plus $20 each person for Phil, which was the $55 he quoted on his site. I would have rather paid him upfront initially but it did work out.

Yep, we were a little messed up because of this but our adult cost worked out to $15 at Dunns, $20 to tube plus $20 each person for Phil, which was the $55 he quoted on his site. I would have rather paid him upfront initially but it did work out.

Okay, this may be personal, but...:o did you tip, and how much per person?

Thank you for explaining this! I asked this question of Phil when we reserved and I did not get an answer. I too would rather just pay up front and not have to worry about paying at each place.

I am also curious as to how much people tip per person for one of these tours. There are 5 people in our family too.

Thank you for explaining this! I asked this question of Phil when we reserved and I did not get an answer. I too would rather just pay up front and not have to worry about paying at each place.

I am also curious as to how much people tip per person for one of these tours. There are 5 people in our family too.

I don't know how to attach a link but I just finished posting my review on Carnivals Triumph under members review 02/2007 which you will find our experience on tipping at the falls. $20.00 was our intention.... There were 4 of us.

We also tipped $20.00 to Phil and 10.00 to the tubing guide.

Archived