Triple room on Diamond Princess

ginza

My husband, son and I are booked in a triple room Caribe 703 on the Diamond Princess. Today Princess told me that because of a possible fire hazard that they can not make the two twins into a queen -- that this room has to have three singles....has anyone heard this before? Is it true or do you think we could ask when we get on board? We have never been on Princess.

Last Feb on Sapphire (Sister ship to Diamond) We had a Caribe Deck triple, and it worked out fine. although we did not have them tell us we couldnt have a queen because of a fire hazard, the upper pullman berth wasn't TOO much of a hassle.

You might want to inquire more about that no queen bed allowed though. Sounds kinda odd.

I had heard the the same thing about not letting the lower beds be pushed together on triples and quads. When we arrived at our inside quad on the Diamond a few weeks ago, it was set-up with a queen in the middle, and the bunks coming down from the top-sides as always. When our room steward checked in with us, he stated that when he looked at the ages and names of the pax in our room, he assumed mom, dad, and 2 squids so he set the room accordingly. Just as others have stated, don't worry, they will make your room however you want it.

Archived