Please help - Restaurant Suggestion, 7 Mile, & Snorkeling questions

davidwhittaker

We are planning to stay close to the port in Grand Cayman. We are going to start the day by doing some diving (intro class) & snorkeling at Eden Rock. Then check out the Cali ship wreck. Then grab some lunch some place in town. After that we'd like to head somewhere close by with a good beach and decent snorkeling.

PLEASE HELP Looking for:

Recommendation on a good place for lunch in town?

Anyone know a good place to take an intro to scuba class that ends with an open water dive? I am trying to get in touch with Eden Rock

Is Cemetery Beach a good place to snorkel and relax on the beach? Is it easy to get a cab or a bus to there? Is there a better/different place we should go on 7 mile that has decent beach & snorkeling?

Am I cramming too much into 1 day? We'll be in port from 7am-4pm.

Am I cramming too much into 1 day? We'll be in port from 7am-4pm.

YES!

I am pretty sure that the Discover Scuba Diving session at Eden Rock includes an open water dive. I really don't see how else they could make it work with their facilities.

Eat lunch at Rackham's Pub and then you can then snorkel the wreck of the Cali.

Skip the trip to Cemetery Beach... too long and too late in the day. You'd end up sitting in lots of traffic heading back to the ship. Instead you can walk on up to the wreck of the Gamma for another snorkel option and a surprisingly quiet spot close to town. Bring a beach towel as there are no chair rentals and such. Location is across West Bay Rd from the Baytown Plaza (new name... plaza is shown as Merren Plaza on this map near the bottom of the page.)

DW and I ate at Corinne's Copper Kettle II when we were in GC on 2/12. It's a couple blocks back from the pier. Drew Sailbum on these boards recommended it in a post, and we weren't disappointed. Simple lunch menu and the locals were eating there, which is a usually a good sign.

DW had the jerk burger, I had the conch burger. There were about 5 daily specials to be had, as well. Just a little hole in the wall, but quiet and friendly. If you like little local spots, this is a good one. If you prefer the bigger places with expansive menus and fellow cruisers, this one probably isn't for you.

Archived