Am i on to something good?

rlowe38742

ok im going splendour on the sea on april 14 but i will arrived at hobby the day before at 6:40pm

it looks like we are stayin in houston at some hotel

Now let me get this rite i can go to hertz or enterprise and rent a car one way?

But the problem will be that they closed at 12pm on saturday and the boat doesnt leave until 6pm. do any of these companies allow you to leave the car on the lot after they close?

If not what can i do in galveston or what is the earliest we can board the boat?

how does everyone else get around this?

thanks in advance!

Looks like Enterprise closes at 1pm, not sure if you need to be there earlier to get a ride to the pier.

The location you have chosen is:

5919 BROADWAY

GALVESTON, TX 77551-4386

Tel.: (409) 740-0700

New Search OR Show Nearest Locations Business Hours (for the week of Feb 26, 2007)

OpenCloseMonday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Tuesday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Wednesday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Thursday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Friday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Saturday 9:00 am 1:00 pm Sunday 9:00 am 2:00 pm

I would think if you dropped the car at 12:00, got the ride over, you'd be able to get in line to get on the ship.

Good luck! We're renting a car on our trip. Sometimes there is a one-way charged if you get your car at the airport so we are going to the one near the airport to get save $60. Look for my posts if you want to know the one.

Michelle

ok im going splendour on the sea on april 14 but i will arrived at hobby the day before at 6:40pm

it looks like we are stayin in houston at some hotel

Now let me get this rite i can go to hertz or enterprise and rent a car one way?

But the problem will be that they closed at 12pm on saturday and the boat doesnt leave until 6pm. do any of these companies allow you to leave the car on the lot after they close?

If not what can i do in galveston or what is the earliest we can board the boat?

how does everyone else get around this?

thanks in advance!

Normally you can board the ship around 12 noon.

Marilee

Looks like Enterprise closes at 1pm, not sure if you need to be there earlier to get a ride to the pier.

The location you have chosen is:

5919 BROADWAY

GALVESTON, TX 77551-4386

Tel.: (409) 740-0700

New Search OR Show Nearest Locations Business Hours (for the week of Feb 26, 2007)

OpenCloseMonday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Tuesday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Wednesday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Thursday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Friday 7:30 am 6:00 pm Saturday 9:00 am 1:00 pm Sunday 9:00 am 2:00 pm

I would think if you dropped the car at 12:00, got the ride over, you'd be able to get in line to get on the ship.

Good luck! We're renting a car on our trip. Sometimes there is a one-way charged if you get your car at the airport so we are going to the one near the airport to get save $60. Look for my posts if you want to know the one.

Michelle

ok whats the exact address to the enterprise i should use so i wont have to pay a one way drop off fee??

thanks

This is Enterprise where I am picking up from. Looks like it is 2-3 miles from the airport.

For Houston Hobby, this is 9001 Frey Rd, Houston 77034.

No $60 drop off fee.

Michelle

i just called them and they said they have a drop off fee!!

Archived