Car Rental: transportation from port to rental agency

HookedAfterOne

I was under the impression that ALL car rental agencies run shuttles from the ports to their nearest location ... I have rented from Thrifty for both Kona (King Kamehameha Hotel) and Honolulu and Enterprise in Lahaina, Maui --- my sister called Thrifty directly to book a car for Honolulu and she was told that they do NOT run a shuttle between the port and the airport location ... does anyone know what the real deal is? Thanks!

I can only say that most rental companies have shuttles to the pier at most ports. It's not universal. It is entirely possible that Thrifty is one that does not shuttle in Honolulu for the airport. Does Thrifty have a downtown or Waikiki location? It may be that they only shuttle from there, as is the case with a couple of the other rental car companies.

beachchick

Most of the car rental companies DO NOT offer shuttles from the port to their airport locations in Honolulu. Their city locations will however pick you up at the pier. We usually rent from the city location and set it up to return to the airport. We have never had a problem doing it that way.

1-28-07, I rented a Thrifty car in Honolulu. I was shuttled from the ship to their off airport office, upon return, then shuttled to the airport.

We also used Thrifty last June and the shuttle picked us up to take us to their off airport location on our debarkation morning just like the poster above states happened for them llast January. But perhapa thair policy has changed?

Archived