Credit card rewards?

heyitsmejudy

I've learned that Bank of America offers a credit card with a rewards program for NCL and RCI. Does Carnival partner with a company for any similar rewards program? Thus far, we've liked Carnival best and I'd rather be "rewarded" by saving on a Carnival cruise than any other line.

Depends on the purchase. I get from 1% to 5%. Groceries, gas, and restaurants give be back 5%. Some other stuff gives me back 3%, and everything else gives me back 1% to 2%.

I've been using these cards for years, so I don't quite remember the percentages for what purchases. I just know I get about $70 cash credit per month.

Depends on the purchase. I get from 1% to 5%. Groceries, gas, and restaurants give be back 5%. Some other stuff gives me back 3%, and everything else gives me back 1% to 2%.

I've been using these cards for years, so I don't quite remember the percentages for what purchases. I just know I get about $70 cash credit per month.

well you just spend more than me i guess because i get about the same rewards. 5% back on groceries and gas and similar stuff and then the 1% on everything else

I've learned that Bank of America offers a credit card with a rewards program for NCL and RCI. Does Carnival partner with a company for any similar rewards program? Thus far, we've liked Carnival best and I'd rather be "rewarded" by saving on a Carnival cruise than any other line.

Carnival does have a credit card with rewards. BUT Im with the other posters. Get you a Cash Card. Thats all I use!

well you just spend more than me i guess because i get about the same rewards. 5% back on groceries and gas and similar stuff and then the 1% on everything else

Yeppers... I charge everything possible. Rarely do I have a need for cash. If I can't sign for something with dignity... then I don't want it... :D

Carnival has Sea Miles... Bank of America may have something, but they bought our MBNA, who had I-Cruise, and their rates are terrible NOW if you don't pay your balance off monthly!! :eek: (Cancelled that card in a hurry!)

'Cash' card is best... Use it for all your purchases.. cash back is always nice, and you can use it anywhere! :p

Bank Of America has a Cash card too. I just applied a couple months ago for one. They had a promotion... $50 off my first statement. So I spen $130 and ended up with a $80 billing at the end.

That's over a 38% cash back rebate... :D

And yes... if you can't afford to pay off your credit cards monthly, then you need to focus on a credit card that has the lowest interest rate... not one with miles, cruise, or cash rewards.

I know the Bank of America cards can offer points that you can apply to purchase a lot of things but were only good towards Celebrity as far as cruises go the last time I looked. I just take the cash reward and put it towards the cruise.

Would love to see them offer Carnival. I work for B of A although not dealing with credit cards.

You need to check the rewards and the levels at which you earn them. I have "thank you" rewards through CITI and just redeemed for Carnival Certificates towards my next cruise. Some rewards are structured to be more expensive than others. READ THE FINE PRINT. Another point is to check (from other people who you may know) how hard it is to redeem the points. I know that the airline credit would have been a MUCH more difficult situation. GOOD LUCK

I got a mailer for one of the cruise-branded cards - you gotta spend about $70,000 to get a free cruise!

I use the Citi cash card, unfortunately it limits you to $300 per year in cash back.

You just need more than one account with them, then. :D CitiCards also offeres the same cash reward card with other's names on their card.

Cash cards are wonderful.

I now understand the cash back rewards and I'm not sure why I even asked:confused: . Thanks for your explanations.

I use a (Kroger) credit card to receive free groceries which works out great for us. I also get different credit cards just to get cash back for first purhase. And I hope Carnival comes out with a cash back too! I used that MBNA a few years ago for a free cruise and after hearing someone has just used credit card rewards for a free cruise I'll start checking it out more.

I have a Bank of America cc (world points) and although it is not advertised in the rewards area, you can redeem points on almost anything for travel. I used my points on our Carnival Cruise last year and have been going through them again this year. You just tell them what cruise you want to go on and they call Carnival to get the advertised prices, then apply your points towards the cost of the cruise. I can still get my military or past discount through them as well. If the price goes down on Carnival's site, they will refund it back on your card, too.

10,000 points gets $100.00 onboard credit and 25,000 points puts $250 towards your cruise. They will do it for hotels, rental cars, and more.

i recently applied for and rec'd the citibank diamond rewards card which offers gift certificates in $100 increments for carnival cruise lines. did this b/c of a thread on here (by drew's wife), i think.

i hope it works out better for me than the carnival Seamiles card b/c i have charged up a storm on that card, and my rewards to show for it are a mere pittance. waiting to use the rewards i've accumulated w/ them, then it's bye-bye. (not to mention the fact that each of the 3x i've called them to get info, they cldn't be more rude!).

Look into the American Express Blue cards. They have one for travel (called air) and one for cash (called cash). Interest rates are about the same as most major companies with EXCEPTIONAL fraud protection and customer service. Love mine, Carla ;)

To the OP, I recently got a Chase Freedom card, and have opted to received points for my purchases. They offer 3% on groceries, gas and fast food restaurants, and 1% on everything else. They offer $200 Carnival gift certificates for 18,500 miles, however, they can only be used to pay for cruises booked directly with Carnival. (By doing this, Carnival saves the cost of a TA's commission, therefore, it's doesn't cost them as much to redeem the certificate.) At least by booking directly with Carnival, you should still be able to take advantage of discounts, if they're available.

Archived