For those that have cruise Carnival and RCCL

Is there a ship similar in size and amenities to the Radiance Class ships that RCCL has? Carnival prices are a lot more reasonable since I go solo and I would like to check out Carnival, but not sure what ship to chose. I didnt like the RCCL Mariner - too big for my personal taste.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You should check out Carnival's Spirit Class ships. They are more in line with the size and style of the Radiance class. I have sailed on the Explorer, Adventure and Radiance and I liked the Radiance the best. I found it to be a much more relaxed experience. I have also sailed on the Carnival Miracle, Pride and Legend (all sister ships) and liked them very much. Not one complaint on any of them.

My first throught to your question was the Spirit class as well ... big ship ammenities with a small ship feel. Shouldn't make a difference about cruisiing solo ... I can't think of too much that you need a partner for.

Uhh, well, I can, lol! Ahem; having said that, I share the view that the Spirit Class will be your best choice. I cannot think of any ship sponsored activities that will require a partner with one exception. If you participate in the "Newlywed, not so newlywed" game, you will probably need one, lol. Hey, you can even dance by yourself and no one is likely to notice.

Archived