Called HAL myself to confirm about Promos and Ship Board Credit

LAFFNVEGAS

Well, with all the talk about shipboard credits and promos I decided to call HAL myself to see if we were in fact getting the right credits. Don't get me wrong I have an absolutely wonderful TA but I just wanted to see if 1. Would they talk to me about my booking and 2. Just to confirm what I do have. Since I currently have 2 cruises booked and are thinking about booking a 3rd for October 2005. When I called HAL they were extremely friendly. They wanted to know if I had my booking number, I did not and she said that was no problem she looked it up by my name. I asked first about our Ryndam cruise with this cruise I am only getting a $25.00 per person credit. The HAL rep said that I was booked under a special tour booked by our Travel Agent which was correct. She stated we were not able to use any promo credits but that the price we had for S Suite was considerably lower than any promos they could offer. She said she saw we were getting a $25.00 per person credit but that was being paid by our TA. She then noted that we had another cruise booked for March 2005. She said we were already getting a Shipboard credit under a Promo (forgot which number she said) of $50.00 per person which I did know we were getting. I told her we were considering changing to a S or SS would that change the credit? She said no that would remain the same it would only go up if we went to a 10 or 14 day cruise.

I then asked if there were any promos if we considered booking a cruise for October 2005? She said at this time there were none but to check back in January or February there should be one then and if I booked before it could possibly be added. Unfortutely, I did not catch this very helpful HAL rep's name. She had no problem giving me information and did not act like I should of been going thru my TA. This was all comforting to know that I can call them when I can't get a hold of my TA but then I have never had a problem getting a hold of my TA.

Sometimes it is good just to confirm what you are actually getting and feel good about what you have done.:)

We booked direct with Holland,a b2b in Oct. The Agent from Holland told us of the promo when we gave our deposit 25 dollars per person for each week,no problem. TOM

Is there a cut off date as to getting the onboard credit?

I'm thinking of booking something for later this year.

Vic, I would call HAL, I found them to be extremely helpful even if you booked thru a TA. I was expecting them to say I needed to contact my TA but they did not. I know that certainly was not the case with RCL on our very first cruise. They did not want to talk to me, I had to go thru the TA which I did not know because I had won the contest it was with an out of state TA, now that I think of it they may have been a Internet TA but that was March of 2002. At that time neither were helpful, fortuately we loved the cruise so we were hooked.:D

For you guys who were able to speak to HAL directly even though you booked through a TA, what telephone did you use? That seems to make a difference. When I was trying to get our promo credit, the first one wouldn't even speak to me at all, the second was a sweetheart (and arranged it, btw), and the third only gave me a bit of info after I cajoled her and asked how come some HAL reps do and some don't. She wouldn't even tell me how much, just that there was one on my account!

So, I think it depends on which department you get. There does seem to be a few telephone numbers to try but I haven't figured out which one is best, yet.

I have usually had better luck not using the 800 or 866 area code. I call direct to the Corp. Headquarters at 206-281-3535 The first person that answers is just a receptionist but then they have always connected me with a very helpful person. She was able to find and verify every bit of our booked information.

Archived