What happens if you can't pay your S&S account at the end of your cruise?

Riley's Mom

I always hear passengers names being called to the pursers desk to settle their accounts on the last day of the cruise. And I have always wondered....what happens if they don't have enough funds to pay the bill/account in full??

Lets say..just for arguements sake..that their credit cards are maxed, they have no cash on them or in their bank accounts... Then what? Are they taken to jail when they depart the ship??

Anyone ever talked to someone this has happened to..

And nooooo..I am NOT planning on doing this...

Thanks,

Carla

I think most of the people getting called to the pursers desk is because they have reached there credit limit or the cash limit. They simply stop your purchasing priveledges before you get to the point of them having to collect a debt from you.

This is why they put holds on your account... so they are guaranteed most of the money... but believe me, I'm sure they have a system in place so they get paid... and no, you don't get a free cruise out of it :p

Duh??? Stupid me... I guess that is why they would put a hold on accounts.. I am not thinking today...

I always thought people were being called down to the pursers desk because they couldn't pay!!!

Again,,, Duh!!

Sorry for asking such a stupid question.

Carla

How can a cruise sail out of Salt Lake City... there is obviously no ocean nearby! ;)

Um, see, that's part of the joke, that and that SLC is the...oh, nevermind...:rolleyes:

Um, see, that's part of the joke, that and that SLC is the...oh, nevermind...:rolleyes:

I know, I was just giving you a hard time! :D I think the no alcohol/gambling comment was directed at the other thread about activities to do when there is no gambling/alcohol involved.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Carnival is an extremely successful, highly profitable corporation. I am sure the same way they can figure out how to move, feed, entertain and safeguard over 65,000 people each week, getting a few hundred dollars out of one or two deadbeats is probably child's play. I know they'll make you sign all modes of promissory notes before they let you off the ship and then they send their thugs (lawyers) after their money, with interest and fees.:mad:

Just like Disney, Coca Cola, JetBlue, ToysRUs and all of the other warm-and-fuzzy companies in American, I am sure Carnival can be quite cold-blooded and lethal if you find yourself on the wrong side of their fur.:eek:

I would not want to tangle with Carnival.

Whew! Good to know. I always thought that the ship was powered by people who didnt pay their bill. I thought these people were down in the propeller room, with a pair of bicycle peddles that were attatched to the props making them go round and round and round......

I always hear passengers names being called to the pursers desk to settle their accounts on the last day of the cruise. And I have always wondered....what happens if they don't have enough funds to pay the bill/account in full??

Lets say..just for arguements sake..that their credit cards are maxed' date=' they have no cash on them or in their bank accounts... Then what? Are they taken to jail when they depart the ship??[/color']

Anyone ever talked to someone this has happened to..

And nooooo..I am NOT planning on doing this...

Thanks,

Carla

interesting question. i imagine they throw you into debtor's prison.

Duh??? Stupid me... I guess that is why they would put a hold on accounts.. I am not thinking today...

I always thought people were being called down to the pursers desk because they couldn't pay!!!

Again' date=',, Duh!![/color']

Sorry for asking such a stupid question.

Carla

not as dumb as you think. i bet there are a few people who can't pay their S&S bills once the charge card bill hits home.

I was on a cruise where this poor old lady was doing a gty share program, had that happen. She shouldn't have been on a cruise alone in the first place. They gave her a very hard time about it. Asking if there wasn't away she could get a line of credit somewhere or someone to wire money. She had to return the gifts and photos she bought on the ship. But, they tried everyway to get money for them before they took them back. The only cash she had was the deposit you have to have to get on the ship. I felt so sorry for her. Her room mate locked her out, because she came on the ship sick. Just a very sad case all around.

If you use a credit card they put a hold on a part of your credit line to fund your account.

If you use cash you can only spend up to what you gave them.

If you go with a friend and your friends card is used and you have a falling out you may have a problem but that would be about it I would think, unless your card got stolen during the cruise.

Archived