Sunset Resort Mo Bay Review

originolsin

We were there on the 19th, weather was over cast and a bit windy. We got off the ship and went out the front doors, instantly we had about 4 taxi drivers grabbing my wife and my shoulders telling us to go this way and that way. I finally chose one guy that I felt comfortable with. We got into this early 90's beat up car and he tried to sell us Marijuana. We declined. He then tried to get us to go all over and we told him we were set on Sunset, he told us $20 for the to of us. I told him no way, and he then tried to sell us Marijuana again. When we again declined he kicked us out of his car. We went back toward the front and when asked if we wanted a ride, I wouldn't follow anyone until I found someone that was willing to take us over to Sunset for $4 a person. Finally found a guy that was very friendly and took us over to his beat up car. He offered to sell us Marijuana twice on the way over, but was otherwise a pleasant guy. We gave him $10 for the two us and he was more than eager to be back at 4pm to pick us up.

We went into Sunset, which is gated and it doesn't appear as though locals can get in at all unless they work there or are paying. We asked about lockers, and were told that we could just go and have our stuff checked in. We opted to carry it around. We felt VERY VERY safe there. We even got comfortable enough that we left our things on the lounge chairs while we went into the ocean, got drinks, went on the water slides. The food was very good. The jerked chicken literally fell off the bone.

We were offered marijuana by three different employees, which we were dissappointed in being offered there. But they weren't pushy about it like the taxi drivers. We are in our 20's and the people that we talked to on ship that were in their 30's were offered marijuana as well, but the people with younger kids and in there 40's weren't offered by anyone. Our only other dissappointment there was that there was a fair amount of coral as you got into the water, so it hurt for the first 10 feet or so but was better after that.

We had a wonderful time there and if we decided to go back to Jamaica, we would go to Sunset again.

Archived