Help! What to do??

Wilwant247

My husband and 3 of our kids are going snorkeling with stuart cove. I (totally bummed) have to stay behind with our three yr old. I was thinking of doing the walking tour on our own and visiting Ardastra Gardens. I was wondering if I can actually walk to the zoo or if its necessary to take a cab? Is the zoo twords the end of the walking tour route? Maybe, I could take the #10 bus to the zoo then walk back to the ship along the walking route, is this possible or is far and off the beaten path?? thanks for any input!!

Marcie

PS. signature is from last year, dont remember how to change it...lol...oopps!

Marcie...I just researched this very thing today!

go to ardastra.com and print out the directions...#10 jitney, and then just a short walk from there. looks safe and like a great place to take a 3 year old. We are adding this to our trip for hte animals and the gardens...the photos on the web site are great. Have fun!

Dee

WE did the walking tour last time and it is nowhere near the Gardens........

Looking for something different to do next time(our 15th visit to Nassau)......can someone tell us if the Gardens are within walking distance?? Looks like it on the map.............

BTW-we did Stuarts Cove and it was the best excursion we ever did in Nassau.............

Parrothead8...from reading the posts on this site over the years, it seems like the gardens are a couple of miles up the road....a quote from another link said that it took about 30 minutes to walk. Seems like the best way is to take the # 10 jitney back and forth.

After reading a few travel books...I think a boat trip to the Exumas looks awesome, or a boat trip to Harbour Island to see the pink sandy beaches!

parrothead8...click on this link...scubagirl answered a question about the outer islands...both Harbour island and the Exumas are listed...will need to google the tour groups though. I know RC has an excursion with the power boat, but is quite costly...maybe booking directly with boat company would be cheaper?!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=402308&highlight=harbour+island

wow...i just googled the charter companies for both places...the exumas: power boat tours $190 p/p for the day...Island World Adventures $290 p/p for the day......

Harbour Island via Bahama Ferries $220 total for 2 people includes guided tour...lunch...and Pink sands beach

Still a little steep on price I think....although would probably be worth it!!!1

I just dont see any prices.......

Wont have enough time when we're on the Majesty(8am-5pm in Nassau)...........

Maybe when we're on the Sovereign,it could work out sometime.....

WE did the walking tour last time and it is nowhere near the Gardens........

Looking for something different to do next time(our 15th visit to Nassau)......can someone tell us if the Gardens are within walking distance?? Looks like it on the map.............

BTW-we did Stuarts Cove and it was the best excursion we ever did in Nassau.............

OK thanks for the input, Parrothead. We will definately go to the gardens. Maybe we will walk the tour after we get back.

Stuart Cove snorkeling was AWESOME!!! Im sad to miss it again but, we were just there in May, I got to go then. Scuba Girl actually turned me on to that place. Definantely a GREAT time for all ages, if you like swimming. My kids had a blast, and it was so reasonable too!

thanks for the input on the cove, just posted a thread about it and would love to hear more info.

to have a 3 yr. old, power boat excusions and such might be too much, consider a beach day with a safe non wave beach with a pool and all the fixings at the british colonial hilton, 15pp for all use of the facilities, a 10 minute walk. we loved it, good food too, all prices similar to a resort at home, but its good.

guess I'm blind

You are not alone in being blind. I couldn't find it either, but I trust Scubagirl on the price. I did find the prices for the school tours but that was it.

Someone just posted that they went to the botanical gardens and it was free.

You are not alone in being blind. I couldn't find it either, but I trust Scubagirl on the price. I did find the prices for the school tours but that was it.

Someone just posted that they went to the botanical gardens and it was free.

The rates aren't posted on the website.. I'm told it's because they want you to contact them?? odd.. but true??

The cost at this time is still $12. This includes the Marching Flamingo show and feeding the lorry parrots. Check the show and feeding times.. they are not to be missed.

Archived