Special Theme Nights? Formal Nights?

odaisydukeo

All of that information will be provided to you through the daily on-board information, called "TODAY".

Upon arrival in your state room you'll find the first edition on your bed or the desk. It will give you important information about entertainment and dining schedule, shopping specials, cruise highlights, arrival and departure times, etc.

"TODAY" will be delivered to your stateroom in the evening, so that you have all the info for the next day. It will also state the next evenings dining attire, such as informal, formal or specialty (such as italian, toga, etc.)

On a 7-night cruise you will have two formal nights (usually night # 2 and night # 6). Night 7 will be toga night.

If you need additional copies of today, simply ask your room steward or stop by the information desk (usually they have a rack with the "TODAY" close by, in different languages as well).

Hope that helps...

Andy

No matter if you sail the Eastern or Western route, the nights on the 7-night Caribbean Cruises are the same, no matter what ship:

NIGHT 1:

INFORMAL - keep in mind you may not able to change if you have early seating. Although we have never experienced any problems with the luggage delivery, it is possible.

NIGHT 2:

FORMAL - This is the first of the two formal nights. If you don't like to dress up, you can still attend the buffet dinner on deck 9, where you can wear informal attire. This is also the Captains Reception, and features a picture taking opportunity prior to your scheduled dinner time.

NIGHT 3:

MEDITERRANEAN NIGHT (INFORMAL) - Casual attire is worn on that night. If you like to explore some of the Mediterranean specialties, don't miss the "midnight" presentation. Throughout the evening and throughout the ship (decks 2 and 3) countries such as Greece, Turkey, France, Egypt and Spain present their entertainment and later on food specialties (YUMMY!)

NIGHT 4: ITALIAN NIGHT (Tricolore - Red, White & Green) (INFORMAL) - If you like and have, you can wear any color combination featuring the Italian National Colors (no must). All waiters will be dressed in italian attire...

NIGHT 5: TROPICAL NIGHT (INFORMAL) - You'll enjoy some tropical/island entertainment and specialties, including a deck party after dinner. Don't miss the ice carving presentation on the middle pool!

NIGHT 6: FAREWELL DINNER (FORMAL) - Second formal night, with an outstanding dinner presentation (as every night)... Lobster will be served as one of the main course options. Stay awake for the Buffet Magnifico - the grandest of all grand midnight buffets... If you are not hungry, still go and see the ice & cheese sculptures and other creations the "artists" of the kitchen are putting together. Amazing!

NIGHT 7: ROMAN NIGHT (INFORMAL/TOGA) - Yes, correct! Wear your toga for dinner. You can either bring your own "professional" toga, or you can create your own out of the bedsheets Costa will provide to you during that day (Don't use the ones which are ON the bed!) .. And if you are planning to wear your toga, don't forget to put a set of clothes aside, as you have to put your luggage in front of your door no later than 1 AM... otherwise you might end up at the service desk in toga the next morning!

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy every night!!!

Andy

We were on the 2/11 cruise on Magica and night #6 was king crab legs - split open for easy access - they were fantastic! Didn't even miss the lobster - ok maybe just a little! I thought the food was great - see my long review on members reviews!:)

Andy

Thank you for the day break down. We are going on a 5 days and was wondering what party we get!

Do we take things to dress up for the beach night?

We still get a toga night that everyone talks about right on the last night?

My husband called about the crab legs or lobster. We like both and the lady said she thinks that they had a shortage and they substituted the lobster for crab legs. If that helps.

Does any one know about renewing their vows if it is at the same time as the other parties. We are renewing our vows and would like to know?

mom and wife:

We have never been on the 5-day cruise, so unfortunately I could not tell you what featured nights you will have...

In regards of renewing the vows, let your travel agent (and also Costa) know that you are planning to do that. Costa has a special Cocktail reception for "love doves" which are either on their Honeymoon, Anniversary, etc.

That usually takes place as a group and the Captain will be the Master of Ceremonies. ON our 7-day cruise that was during one of the sea days during the afternoon. Appetizers and champagne as served and the vowel renewal was conducted in English and Italian.

If you are planning to actually get your vows renewed privately, I would call Costa to check into that and to make any "personal" arrangements.

Have a fun-filled and wonderful cruise!

Andy

In regards of renewing the vows, let your travel agent (and also Costa) know that you are planning to do that. Costa has a special Cocktail reception for "love doves" which are either on their Honeymoon, Anniversary, etc.

That usually takes place as a group and the Captain will be the Master of Ceremonies. ON our 7-day cruise that was during one of the sea days during the afternoon. Appetizers and champagne as served and the vowel renewal was conducted in English and Italian.

If you are planning to actually get your vows renewed privately, I would call Costa to check into that and to make any "personal" arrangements.

------

WE are doing the free renewing of vows. When we called Costa (booked with them) and they said it was free and that we sign up the first day to let them know and we are getting a cake on the 2nd night a dinner. Is that right???

I can not wait free renew I think it will be cool to have in English and Italian and free Appetizers and champagne . Will we miss dinner or anything and is it when kids club is open or can the kids come?? We have two kids 5 and 7 years old.

Thank you for all your help!!:D

Can not wait!!!!!!!!:cool:

Sorry if I missed the answer to this but...

On the 5 night cruise leaving 4-29, will there be one or two formal

nights at dinner... need to think about packing... trying NOT to overpack :D

Also, the one excursion to the beach doesn't offer or include transportation, to the beach 10 miles away... does anyone have a clue what cab fair are in Cayman and Cozemel?

Thanks in advance for help

Maybe we'll meet up with some of you on the ship :D Should I wear a name tag, LOL

Becky

Becky & Val:

If you are booking with the cruise ship, usually transportation is included to your destination. If you go out and book your own excursion independently, then you have to see that somebody either picks you up or you take a cab.

In Cozumel you will dock directly, whereas in Grand Cayman you will tender into port. Cozumel offers some decent deals on rental cars (Jeeps) by some of the name brand car rental companies (AVIS, Hertz, Budget, etc.). This is a nice way to explore Cozumel at your own pace... you can explore some of the sights, the beaches, do some shopping and get some good local food.

In Grand Cayman we visited Seven Mile Beach on the way back from Stingray City... the Beach is not too far away from the pier... we took a cab.

Have fun!

Andy

Hi there! We just returned from a Costa Magica Caribbean cruise and had a blast. If you’ve sailed the Carib before, as we have, Costa really offers a different experience because of the onboard life. First off, the ship just feels Italian. The crew use words in the language (always speaking English as well) and the food tastes like the Italian food we tried in Italy. There are also some really cool events, one is called “Festa Italiana” and is like an Italian street fair where you can try food and activities from the country. Another one that is not to miss is the “Roman Bacchanal” party. This is where you dress up in togas and vote on contestants in the onboard talent show (voting yay or nay in the theater – just like in Roman times!). Some guests even brought their own togas! You can make your own onboard though. The staff will put sheets in your room with instructions on how to make one. The accessorizing is then up to you! Hope you enjoy your cruise – I’ve seen some other posts on the Magica that were similar experiences to mine, so I think you’ll have a good time!

• 1 month later...

Krennan, there will def be 2 formal nights - think these are on #2 and #6 if i remember correctly.

There is no Toga night on the Euro cruises - shame, that sounds like fun!

Archived