Message for Bobblsc

npphotog

Hello from Florida - We are going to China with Vantage, leaving May 8 and returning May 28. Starting in Beijing and ending in Hong Kong with 4 nights on the Victoria Star on the Yangtze. Regarding visas - Vantage uses Generations Visa Service out of Washington D.C.

Vantage sends visa application forms. Sent them in with a passport photo along with our passports. Got them back in about 3 weeks. I sent them by certified mail, priorty service and had a tracking number. Tracked them and saw they arrived in two days. Were sent back by FedEx. A concern there for us as we went out for breakfast one day and when we returned on a MOnday morning, found a FedEx envelope stuck in our porch railings. On the envelope was a slip that said they tried to deliver them on a Friday and we were not home and I was told we had to sign the form. Anyway we got them in good time..concerned about the delivery though. If you have any questions email me at WillardWKrieble@ij.net.

Thanks npphopog for your info. I will look at Generations as well as Zieser, which Uniworld uses. I am printing your message so I'll be able to keep it if this thread is washed out.

Bob :)

Hello from Florida - We are going to China with Vantage, leaving May 8 and returning May 28. Starting in Beijing and ending in Hong Kong with 4 nights on the Victoria Star on the Yangtze. Regarding visas - Vantage uses Generations Visa Service out of Washington D.C.

Vantage sends visa application forms. Sent them in with a passport photo along with our passports. Got them back in about 3 weeks. I sent them by certified mail, priorty service and had a tracking number. Tracked them and saw they arrived in two days. Were sent back by FedEx. A concern there for us as we went out for breakfast one day and when we returned on a MOnday morning, found a FedEx envelope stuck in our porch railings. On the envelope was a slip that said they tried to deliver them on a Friday and we were not home and I was told we had to sign the form. Anyway we got them in good time..concerned about the delivery though. If you have any questions email me at WillardWKrieble@ij.net.

We also used Generations for our April '07 Cultural Delights Yangtze Cruise with Viking. Quick and easy. WIT

We have used both Zierer and Generations on different trips, of course, and found them both to be quite competent. The only difference that I could discern was cost and Generations was a bit cheaper than Zierer for China so we went with them.

Clarence:)

Archived