Platinum check in Southhampton

wanderingjew

Me thinks the cousins have cards and the Yanks will not. Going to print my own before I leave, paint my old pin a new colour, and dress like I have importance when I show up in Southampton.

Let us have a contest for the new name of the new and improved World Club? :cool:

Carnival who really is the corporate aquires Cunard. If they have the Fun Pass down to a science why is now so hard for anything from World Club?

Before the handover it was so easy....now no Cunarder, no pins, no followup on past passengers, no card, no tickets just manifests.....YIPES

I am no longer expecting anything that way no disappointment. May 18 TA Westbound though with Celebrity TA April 13 Eastbound.

Hi there, when you say no tickets just manifests, are Cunard going to go ticketless like Princess?? Or are they just a little sluggish getting their "pleather" ticket wallets out at the moment?

Anyone going out to Fort Lauderdale on Monday? I'm getting very excited! (Now my tickets have arrived I can relax and just worry about the charter flight!) :)

Hi there, when you say no tickets just manifests, are Cunard going to go ticketless like Princess?? Or are they just a little sluggish getting their "pleather" ticket wallets out at the moment?

Anyone going out to Fort Lauderdale on Monday? I'm getting very excited! (Now my tickets have arrived I can relax and just worry about the charter flight!) :)

Me...but I do not have the tickets for May 18 return. So manifest and luggage tags at the dock in Southampton. At least the Fort Lauderdale has a pleather ticket case.

I got a new pin last January (which is good, as I cannot find my old one, only the little velvet bag) and I recently found the "new" World Club "frequent cruisers" quit we were sent containing Marc's parchment covered announcement and his gold Cunard luggage tag( i already had mine out, I believe, but still have the presentation kit we received in the mail)

However, when they changed the World club membership numbers, they didn't bother to tell us, Just started using it on mailings.

Karie,

An old worlder

They at Cunard towers are relaunching the World club later this year with new memberships cards and improved benefits.... They havent said what they are or exactly when the cards are being dispatched, But based on how Cunard operate lets not hold our breath....:rolleyes:

Have faith, my fellow loyal Cunarders! I actually received my new platinum card a couple of months ago, with my new number. Not only that, the number more or less matches the one on final docs for my April QE2 crossing! Straighening this out only took about three years after I discovered that Cunard had three different CWC numbers listed for me when I booked my one and only QM2 voyage in 2004.

The new card was accompanied by a single, generic "Platinum - Gold - Silver" luggage tag, on which I had to fill in name address, etc. The old personalized world club tags are, I guess, a thing of the past. Probably just as well, as the Cunard phone numbers on the new platinum card are all different from the ones on the old tags.

Archived