X-Stream vs. cave-tubing.com

davidwhittaker

I am wondering which company I should go through for cave tubing.

This board seems to prefer cave-tubing.com, but I don't like that they force you to be linked together. Does X-Stream make you link together?

I also like that X-Stream gets to jump into the river at the start of the tour, does cave-tubing.com allow this?

What do the t-shirts provided by X-Stream look like?

Do we finish early enough to do anything else while in Belize? We'd love to grab a drink on the beach somewhere.

I highly recommend cave-tubing.com. Like x-treme, you also get a chance to jump into the river before hiking to the caves. I'm pretty sure that everyone uses the same rock ledge to jump from. Being linked together with the guides gives you a better opportunity to lay back and look around, instead of worrying about getting down the river. The guides know the caves very well, so they know the highlights to point out while you're floating down the river. They also know where to have you keep your "butts up." Being linked together, you make it down the river a good bit quicker than the individual tubes, and will have plenty of time when you get back to the port. I'm pretty sure that cave-tubing.com was the first cave tubing company to make it back from the caves and to the port. Also, near the port, there really aren't any areas of beach to sit back and have a drink.

Hokies of the seas

-Carnival Glory, 2/24/07-3/3/07

Although I have not tried X-Stream for cave tubing, we did go with cave-tubing.com and would HIGHLY recommend them. They definitely do let you jump into the water on your own and only link you together for YOUR enjoyment. Trust me, you will be glad you did. The day we went, the water was pretty low so there was not much current. Our guides pulled us through the water like we gliding through rapids. You will pass quite a few people just floating into walls and trying to paddle themselves out while calling out to friends... you don't want to be floating in there too long because it does get cold. We all got to experience it together and we're laughing while our guides entertained us the whole way. I would definitely go with cave-tubing.com (butts up!).

NCL Sun 2/07

Celebrity Infinity 4/04

NCL Sea 6/03

Carnival Fascination 11/01

Carnival Triumph 9/99

Rotterdam 4/80

We just got back and wound up going through Cave-tubbing.com.

They were great and I was definitely glad to be linked and not having to try to battle the low water levels on our own. It was a very peaceful, beautiful trip.

I think if we had it to do over again we would have chosen a different excursion though. This one was a little to slow of a pace for us. I would have much rather done some diving, snorkeling, or even the zip lines.

Oh well, it was still fun and different! And the cavetubbing.com staff was great!

Archived