OPERA - 11 days, Formal dress ??

joybaby

I returned two weeks ago from an 11 day Opera cruise and there were three formal nights. I was surprised that the rest of the nights were not casual, only four, I believe and the rest were informal. I guess I hadn't done my homework.;)

2nd night on ship was formal for our 11 day cruise and tjcox9 is right there were 3 of them, and as they say there are only 4 casual nights all others were informal and you are asked to wear coat and tie at very least and cocktail dress/evening dress,(the only difference between formal and informal was TUX was option for formal nights) however we did see people wearing less than the asked attire and nothing was said ;)

Hi

Just curious, what is the attire for the first night? This is our first cruise.

Very casual as many people are flying in that day. We are driving, but it will be comfort clothes for me. Capris, casual top, sandals. My husband, casual pants and casual collared shirt. You might have your luggage to change even if you wanted to.

As previous poster said, casual is fine the first night as sometimes your luggage doesn't get delivered promptly so you can't change. Are you coming from the UK? If you've been reading the other boards, be sure to mix his and her clothing into the suitcases, not one just for you and one for another (in case of lost luggage) I've had this happen and it's not fun! That way you'll at least have something to wear.

Archived