How will Liberty compare to Freedom?

Will it be essentially the same or are there big differences?

The standard word around here is they will be the same. It looks like the cabin deck plans are the same. We may not know for sure until the innaugural voyages. The specs show Liberty as weighing slightly less, but I've not heard an explanation for that. Could it be newer lighter wieght materials? Could it be that the new roller coaster weighs less than the Flowrider? Perhaps the new Bridge simulator weighs less than the boxing ring.

A Roller Coaster?! Now THAT would be innovative!!!!! OK back to reality! Actually I was just hoping for a pool slide! Freedom doesn't have one.

Many of the ships have pool slides but they are in the Adventure Ocean Area and are for the kids. They are ok - but not for older kids and not what you are wishing for - sorry.

What do you mean roller coaster and new bridge? Are these taking places of other things on the ship?

I could be wrong, but I THINK that BillOh is pulling your leg... (and rather well at that ;) ).

Boo

From what I can tell in the TA Guide deck plans, they are virtually identical. The names of the some of the places have been changed, but that's about all it shows being different. I have listed the name differenced that I found under Liberty Lovers thread, under the deck plan post.

I know the Liberty is supposed to be 96 feet longer than the Freedom.

I guess you heard that the same place as the roller coaster.

The ships are identical in all dimensions. Length is 1,112 feet. Check the RCCL web site.

For those that think that the Voyager class ships are different, there is some truth to that but the changes only came after Adventure was built. Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure, except for minor differences are all the same. The change made for Navigator and Mariner was a major design change for the balconies and enlargement of the Adventure Ocean area. The original design had steel around the balconies for structural reasons. By the time they got to Navigator they figured how to move the structual requirements that the steel balconies were providing to the inside structure of the ship. Thus Navigator and Mariner have the glass enclosed balconies for the most part.

I know the Liberty is supposed to be 96 feet longer than the Freedom.

I don't think that information is correct. There has been absolutely no indication that there will be any significant differences between Libertyy and Freedom and a 96 foot lengthening would be a significant difference. Except for some cosmetic differences and perhaps a rearrangement of some of the lounges, food areas or bars (Book nook which adjoins the Cafe Promenade on Freedom is reportedly absent on Liberty) Tonnage when used in connection with cruise ships is not a measure of weight but rather one of volume and is related to the amount of contained public space.

I can't confirm this, but when we were on the Freedom last fall, the Loyalty Ambassador, um, Diane was her name I think, said that the Diamond Lounge would trade places with the current location of the Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine Lounges. She said that would give the Diamond Lounge significantly more room, but when you compare the 2 sections it doesn't really look like the combined Heart/Nine area is that much bigger than the D Lounge. But she was pretty sure that was going to happen and it would make the D Lounge bigger.

I could be wrong, but I THINK that BillOh is pulling your leg... (and rather well at that ;) ).

Boo

Thank you, Thank you, I live for the applause. Tip your waitresses!:D

Archived