No Experience- Restaurants?

sandradeen

I am taking DH for his visit to NO. We are going to stay a couple of night after a cruise and I know it is not long enough! I already have more places I want to go than we'll have time for, including restaurants! But if you guys would recommed 1 quientescential NO (french qtr) restaurant you would recommend, that he MUST experience, what would you say?

We have 1 dinner and 1 lunch open to suggestions. :)

I am taking DH for his visit to NO. We are going to stay a couple of night after a cruise and I know it is not long enough! I already have more places I want to go than we'll have time for, including restaurants! But if you guys would recommed 1 quientescential NO (french qtr) restaurant you would recommend, that he MUST experience, what would you say?

We have 1 dinner and 1 lunch open to suggestions. :)

For lunch I would go for either a muffaletta (my favorite place for those is the Napoleon House) - but don't try to eat a whole one or you won't want dinner!! 2nd choice for lunch would be a PoBoy at Johnny's.

For dinner - any of the Brennan restaurants. The family may not get along with each other, but they DO know how to serve food!! My favorite is Palace Cafe - or Commander's Palace - or RedFish Grill - or Bourbon House - or . . .

http://www.frenchquarter.com/dining/brennans.php

I'm from New Orleans, and I recommend the Gumbo Shop for lunch. The food is New Orleans style and you can get almost anything. Service is great and the price is not bad.

Dinner, I would have to give a second vote for Commander's Palace. It is a known favorite.

Have fun in our city. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cathy

I'm from New Orleans, and I recommend the Gumbo Shop for lunch. The food is New Orleans style and you can get almost anything. Service is great and the price is not bad.

Dinner, I would have to give a second vote for Commander's Palace. It is a known favorite.

Have fun in our city. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cathy

Love the Gumbo shop. I can't wait to get back there in June. www.gumboshop.com

All good suggestions. For a very non-touristy place for dinner, try Irene's Cuisine. New Orleans has a unique cuisine called Creole-Italien, a wonderful fusion of both, and Irene's does some of its best versions. When you walk by on Chartres Street you can smell the aromas of garlic and rosemary. It kills me not to stop in every time we pass.

Before Katrina it was always packed, mostly with locals, but it is a good bit easier to get in now.

All good suggestions. For a very non-touristy place for dinner, try Irene's Cuisine. New Orleans has a unique cuisine called Creole-Italien, a wonderful fusion of both, and Irene's does some of its best versions. When you walk by on Chartres Street you can smell the aromas of garlic and rosemary. It kills me not to stop in every time we pass.

Before Katrina it was always packed, mostly with locals, but it is a good bit easier to get in now.

Never been to New Orleans before and am so looking forward to it. Does Creole-Italien mean pasta dishes? If so we're there

Archived