How formal is formal night on the Enchantment of the Seas??

We will be sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas at the end of the month. I was wondering if anyone who has sailed her recently can tell me how formal the formal night is. Where men wearing tuxs, suites or just shirts and ties? What about the women? Formal gowns or just sundresses or cocktail dresses? What about smart casual night? Thanks!

I sailed on the Enchantment back in Feb. and most men were wearing suits and ties. As for the women some had (like myself) cocktail type dresses and even simple "prom type" dresses. Some other (mostly older) ladies were wearing their really nice "sunday go to meeting clothes" (old line from a high school band director)

As for smart casual, I have never seen a difference between what people wore or smart casual as apposed to casual.

Hope this helps!

A few weeks ago, our formal night on Enchantment saw everything from tuxes and gowns to sundresses and button-down shirts with no tie or jacket. I thought most people made an effort to look nice, but it's a lot more laid back than you might think. It was a ton of fun to get dressed up and I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the evening.

Thanks! I think we are going to try to keep the packing to a minimum this time (last cruise was an 11 night Hawaiian cruise with 4 suitcases!) and just do the sundress & sport jacket.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned on Aug. 7. Saw very few tuxes, much more casual than other cruises I have been on. Mostly suits, some no jackets at all. Woman ran the gamut from dressy to capris. I don' t think anyone felt out of place. Go with what you are comfortable with. Most changed after dinner, anyway. Any other questions, feel free to ask. Deb

We returned August 7th. I agree with the above poster. Tux's were rare, suits were normal for guys. Cocktail dresses were normal, a few dressier than that.

The last cruise we went to was Southern Caribbean. I thought formal night was much more dressy!

We returned August 7th. I agree with the above poster. Tux's were rare, suits were normal for guys. Cocktail dresses were normal, a few dressier than that.

The last cruise we went to was Southern Caribbean. I thought formal night was much more dressy!

Dan Dan the Party Man was our cruise director. He was .....full of energy!

The Beatle Show was gone!

I'm going on the Enchantment August 21 (This Saturday!!!!) I can't wait. However, after reading these posts, I'm a little bit nervous. I was planning on taking a long black formal dress for formal night. Now I am wondering if this will be too dressy to wear on the Enchantment. If it is too dressy, what would be the perfect type of dress to wear? Thanks for all your help!

Lauren

I'm going on the Enchantment August 21 (This Saturday!!!!) I can't wait. However, after reading these posts, I'm a little bit nervous. I was planning on taking a long black formal dress for formal night. Now I am wondering if this will be too dressy to wear on the Enchantment. If it is too dressy, what would be the perfect type of dress to wear? Thanks for all your help!

Lauren

Take your long black formal dress and enjoy wearing it. I plan on wearing mine on our next cruise and DH will be in a tux. I will feel good because I am the one that is appropriatly dressed even if everyone else is in jeans!

The beauty is, you can't get TOO dressed up! You'll certainly not feel out of place one bit by wearing a tux or a gown, but you won't get tossed out wearing something less formal! Wear what you feel comfortable in and just enjoy the atmosphere - it's very exciting and not threatening at all! Go all out! How many other occasions will you have this year to look spectacular!

I'm leaving for Enchantment in a few days icon10.gif and Im trying to figure out whether to bring a sports jacket. I'm wondering if most men wear something like a polo shirt with dockers on smart casual night or do most wear sports jackets.

I'd rather not pack the sports jacket if I'm not going to wear it, but I also don't want to feel out of place.

Can anyone tell me what most men wear on smart casual night?

Thanks,

Gary

My husband wore a Polo Tyle shirt and khaki dockers. I saw a little bit of everything! Nobody at our table was dressed in Sports Coat the entire cruise.
Thanks, Katie. That's what I was thinking would probably be the case.

I'll be leaving the sports coat at home.icon14.gif

What will you wear for formal night Graycruz? DH is going to wear a sport coat formal night polo shirt the other night.
I'll be wearing a dark suit on formal night.

Smart casual is the one that always confuses me.

It sounds to me like folks treat smart casual about the same way they treat the other non-formal evenings.

I'll be doing the same.icon7.gif

Hi! I just got off the Enchantment two days ago. Formal night for guys was mostly dark suits - very few tuxes. The ladies tended to be in either evening gowns or cocktail dresses. Most people dressed up...I don't recall any sundresses or capris. Have fun!

What is the big deal about wearing nice clothes for one nite? If you people dont want to go along with the dress code, there is always a dining option. I always wear a tux, but a dark suit or sport jacket and tie are acceptable. A cruise is a special occasion and getting dressed up for one nite shouldn't be a big thing. Try it, I'll bet you will like it.

Archived