Grenada with tenders--Crown Princess?

jdaa

We're tendering in Grenada on the Crown, arriving at 9am. I'd like to book a private tour. Can anyone give me a guestimate of what time we can be off the ship? Any hints of how to get off quickly would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
We're tendering in Grenada on the Crown, arriving at 9am. I'd like to book a private tour. Can anyone give me a guestimate of what time we can be off the ship? Any hints of how to get off quickly would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

We were supposed to tender also - and ended up not having too. Might want to check into that. I know that if you book through the ship they will get you off first but I am not sure how that works when you book privately. When we went everyone was very ready to get off and there were lines.

Thanks for your reply, cruizin4life! What time did you go to get in line, and how long did it take you to get off the ship? I'm trying to figure out if the ship gets into port at 9:00, what time can we expect to be off. I appreciate the help!

I want to say that we didn't get to Grenada until 11 and we had a tour booked with Princess (one of the only ones since we were only on the island a short time) but we must have gotten down there at about 10:45ish and I would say that it took a full 20 minutes to get off with all of the operators taking cards on the gangway. Hope this helps! :)

We were in Grenada on the Crown week of March 3 and we also docked but it looks like there is room for one ship so you may want to be prepared for possible tender as well.

• 3 months later...

Jo-v:

Where is the docking area in relationship to the downtown area?

With the old dock (many years ago) I was able to walk into the downtown. Is it still a short walk?

Thanks for any info!:cool: Deb C.

• 2 weeks later...

You can look at http://www.cruisecal.com and determine how many ships will be in port on the day you are there. For us, on the Emerald Princess, we will be the 3rd of 3 ships to arrive on the day we are there (noon-7pm). I know we will have to tender and I'm concerned that the whole tender process on a 3,100 passenger ship will take at elast 2 hours each way. That might only leave 3 hours for a tour and I'm thinking a private tour wouldn't be wise. Any thoghts?

• 3 months later...
Jo-v:

Where is the docking area in relationship to the downtown area?

With the old dock (many years ago) I was able to walk into the downtown. Is it still a short walk?

Thanks for any info!:cool: Deb C.

The docking area is a two minute walk away from the market and 5 to 10 minutes through the Sendell Tunnel to the Carenage where the cruise ships used to dock before the Esplanade was opened.

We were in Grenada on the Crown week of March 3 and we also docked but it looks like there is room for one ship so you may want to be prepared for possible tender as well.

Cruise ships can dock both sides of the jetty and before now I have seen three docked at the same time so I suppose it depends on the size of the three cruise ships.

Archived