Taxi to Pier (NYC)

Jennasgram

It is the 2 old carnival and the old Hal that still leave from west side terminals..(playing out their contract their)

The Brooklyn terminal was built for the Carnival corp. and all their lines are heading that way, as per a newspaper article in one of the NYC papers recently..

Orginal poster still has not said what ship they are on..

It is the 2 old carnival and the old Hal that still leave from west side terminals..(playing out their contract their)

The Brooklyn terminal was built for the Carnival corp. and all their lines are heading that way, as per a newspaper article in one of the NYC papers recently..

Orginal poster still has not said what ship they are on..

they may be heading that way but they aren't there for the forseeable future. No Carnival or Hal has ever left from Brooklyn nor are they scheduled to. One Costa was there before it officially opened as Manhattan didn't have a berth and there is one ship from non-Carnival scheduled late in 2007. Other than that the only sheduled ships are the QE2, the QM2, Crown Princess and the Grand Princess. Yes the person didn't say what ship they were on but the only cruise lines scheduled are much different than you posted, I posted this so people wouldn;t get confused. It is confusing enough.

they may be heading that way but they aren't there for the forseeable future. No Carnival or Hal has ever left from Brooklyn nor are they scheduled to. One Costa was there before it officially opened as Manhattan didn't have a berth and there is one ship from non-Carnival scheduled late in 2007. Other than that the only sheduled ships are the QE2, the QM2, Crown Princess and the Grand Princess. Yes the person didn't say what ship they were on but the only cruise lines scheduled are much different than you posted, I posted this so people wouldn;t get confused. It is confusing enough.

We cruise Carnival Miracle July 2007 and it said Brooklyn Pier departure. Where else would it depart from??

We cruise Carnival Miracle July 2007 and it said Brooklyn Pier departure. Where else would it depart from??

It did?

Not according to the schedule...

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/sched.html#

and it has to come back to the same group of piers it leaves from or its a Jones Act violation(unless it goes to a distant foprein port)

This is a busy month for the Brooklyn Terminal remember that you can't sail from Brooklyn and Return to Manhattan and the Brooklyn Terminal only has one berth. When the Qm was scheduled to return to Bayonne and leave from Brooklyn in the PM it had to sail empty between Bayonne and Brooklyn even with people who were on back to backs and even when it was going to England....the trip between Bayonne and Brooklyn was impermissable... Cunard arranegd to Bus them

The Carnival website says NY NY

Results 1 - 4 of 4 Cruises

Sort by: Price| Sail Date| Ship

8 Day Eastern Caribbean from $1,079 * Compare

Ship Carnival Miracle

Sailing From New York, NY on 07/06/2007

Itinerary New York, NY ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Tortola, BVI ; New York, NY Cruise Details

8 Day Eastern Caribbean from $1,079 * Compare

Ship Carnival Miracle

Sailing From New York, NY on 07/14/2007

Itinerary New York, NY ; San Juan, Puerto Rico ; St. Thomas, USVI ; Tortola, BVI ; New York, NY Cruise Details

8 Day Eastern Caribbean from $1,099 * Compare

Ship Carnival Miracle

Sailing From New York, NY on 07/22/2007

8 Day Eastern Caribbean from $1,049 * Compare

Ship Carnival Miracle

Sailing From New York, NY on 07/30/2007

for all the July runs....who said Brooklyn?

RC calls Bayonne Port Liberty not NY NY , the Curnard listings say NY but specifically says that all QM are out of Brooklyn, I am sure thar Carnival would also say something if it was in fact leaving from Brooklyn but as I said the websites says NY as in Manhattan......and does the cruise terminals calendar could they be wrong...sure but I would doubt it. They don't want to confuse people. The Crown Princess got the wrong fuel at the Brooklyn pier one day(it uses different fuel than the QM) and I am sure they really don't need the confusion

WOW....too confusing. Yes, my Carnival ship is leaving (so far) out of Manhattan. I knew that....but thought they called it the Brooklyn terminal since looking at my map it is all right there in NYC (or appears to be??).

You must understand most of us don't come from NYC nor have we ever been there. So we don't know....!! That's why we research ahead of time and find out from friendly New Yorkers!

WOW....too confusing. Yes, my Carnival ship is leaving (so far) out of Manhattan. I knew that....but thought they called it the Brooklyn terminal since looking at my map it is all right there in NYC (or appears to be??).

You must understand most of us don't come from NYC nor have we ever been there. So we don't know....!! That's why we research ahead of time and find out from friendly New Yorkers!

LOL I hope no one who read your first post winds up in Brooklyn....:) Its true the Brooklyn terminal is in NYC as NYC is made up of five Boros(counties) but even native NY'ers call Manhattan "the city" as in I am going to the City...

• 2 weeks later...

smeyer,

We will be coming from LGA to board Carnival Miracle. Five adults with lots of luggage......a taxi just isnt going to be able to haul all of us together. Suggestions?? Super Shuttle?? Limo?? I was surprised that we couldnt get a minivan taxi from LGA??

smeyer,

We will be coming from LGA to board Carnival Miracle. Five adults with lots of luggage......a taxi just isnt going to be able to haul all of us together. Suggestions?? Super Shuttle?? Limo?? I was surprised that we couldnt get a minivan taxi from LGA??

You can but I believe the minivan is limited to 4 adults. I eprsonally suggest you get a limo....besides Arecibo try carmel and it website...

You can but I believe the minivan is limited to 4 adults. I eprsonally suggest you get a limo....besides Arecibo try carmel and it website...

Minivan yellow cabs can carry five adults. There is a place behind the seat for some luggage and in the front by the cab driver as well

Archived