Departing Flight from San Diego?

Iggipolka

Would I be able to make a 9:25am or a 10:45am flight out of San Diego on disembarkation day, without feeling completely crazy?

Thanks!

I think 9:25 is really really cutting it close. You might be able to make a 10:45am flight, but I would let the pursers desk know that you have an early flight.

My opinion only.. I do not schedule anything till at least 12:30pm. That is just me, I would be constantly stressed about even a 10:45 flight, and I don't want to stress while on vacation.

Happy Cruising,

-Mike

Yes, the Terminal is on the same road to the Airport, it will take you less then 5 minutes to get there but Security is Tight, I recommend the 10:45am flight because they will start boarding at 10:15am and so you dont have to rush. Today they had a sign on Harbor Blvd that said High Security Alert, so not sure if that slow things down at the airport.

Fred

I was stressing about a 1:30 flight out of San Diego as in one place in my cruise docs it said not to schedule any flight until after 2 altho on the web site it said 11:50. Guess no need to stress,

Yes, the Terminal is on the same road to the Airport, it will take you less then 5 minutes to get there but Security is Tight, I recommend the 10:45am flight because they will start boarding at 10:15am and so you dont have to rush. Today they had a sign on Harbor Blvd that said High Security Alert, so not sure if that slow things down at the airport.

Fred

Wow I say where's Fred and wha la here is Fred.

BTW Fred, What brought you to my side of the States? You used to be east coat but now Weast coast. Is it a work thing? Sorry for being nosey but i try and pay attention to these boards.

Wow I say where's Fred and wha la here is Fred.

BTW Fred, What brought you to my side of the States? You used to be east coat but now Weast coast. Is it a work thing? Sorry for being nosey but i try and pay attention to these boards.

Came down from Brooklyn in 82, like probably everyone else, U.S. Navy !!! but due to the beautiful Sunny 365 day weather we have here, I had to stay LOL. No more freakin snow for me.:D I went Sailing today, took 3rd place overall, ZERO wind out in the Harbor so we all cooked, I look like a raccoon, 80 degrees out today.

Fred

I was stressing about a 1:30 flight out of San Diego as in one place in my cruise docs it said not to schedule any flight until after 2 altho on the web site it said 11:50. Guess no need to stress,

The reason for this is problems, the Spirit class ship has had their share of problems with those Motor pods. A few weeks ago the Pride had to Crawl back home, they were a whole day late. Last year the Spirit broke their Motorpod in Alaska.

Fred

Iggipolka,

What everyone says is correct, it is only about 10 minutes (1.75 miles) from the cruise ship terminal to the airport - BUT - if there is more than one cruise ship in port that day - everything is delayed!! Also, if you are flying out on a Friday or Monday, the airport is more crowded - therefore the TSA portion will take you longer.

Book the later flight and enjoy the last part of your cruise without worrying if you will make your flight!!

Tom

Thanks everyone for the input. I'll book a later flight, maybe noon. I'm getting back Thanksgiving day, so was hoping to get home by noon! Oh well..less stress is the best thing to be thankful for!

:)

Archived