Just Back! Carnival Fantasy, 5 yr old.

tjwcs

We just got back from the Carnival Fantasy cruise from New Orleans.

It went really well.

If anyone has any questions just let me know,

We participated in many of the activities.

We took her onshore on port days, so we can't comment on the camp on those days.

Teena:)

Hi, Teena,

Can you tell us about the kids programs your DD participated in and what they were?

Also, really curious about the dining. Since it's traditional dining, did you sit with a larger group? Were there menus for the kids?

TIA

Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

HI,

At dinner we were sat with another couple that had also brought 4 kids.

It went well. Hannah had her own menu, hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken nuggets. Ice cream and banan splits for dessert. It went smooth. The waiters really worked hard to make her feel comfortable. All and all a very nice dining experience.

Camp was good.

All the counselors worked hard to make her feel comfortable.

The first night there was a dance, welcome aboard party.

We made "bear buddies" and met everyone. FUN.

There were ALOT of activities. Dancing , games, hula hoop contests, painting, etc.

There are times when you have to pick your child up, but that wasn't a problem. We just went swimming, played putter golf, etc.

We didn't have her in all the times she could have been.

We did use the after 10 babysitting a couple of nights, but were tired and picked her up about 11 pm or so. She was laying on a pillow with a blanket watching a movie both times. We didn't have any bad feelings about leaving her.

Basically they did alot of crafts and played alot of games.

We took her into port with us on port days.

Any more questions just let me know.

Teena

We are going on the Fantasy in Nov as part of a learge family reunion group. I have a 5 & 9 yr old, I am looking at excursions in Cozumel & Costa Maya I am thinking of beach days. What did you do??? How is the pier area at Costa Maya, could people hang out there for the day if they wanted???? We have 14 months twins to grandparents in their 70"s going on the trip>... Any advice would be appreicated...Did you stay over in hotel in NO, if so can recommendations????

Thanks

Tami

Hi we are going on Fantasy as part of a large family reunion group in Nov. I have a 5 & 9 yr old. How were the camps, mostly go in the evenings they come off in port with us as well. Did you do any excursions, we are thinking of beach days???? How is the ship, we have been all other cruises all much newer bugger ships???? Did you stay over in hotel in NO, any recommendatios????

ANy other advice would be great we have 14month twins -70 years olds in our group>>>

Thanks,

Tami

Thanks, Teena.

The kids' menu sounds like a child's dream and a healthy mom's worst nightmare!

Hopefully we can order from the main menu for our 2 and split it. I would rather have them eat from the main menu if it affords better alternatives. OK, maybe on ONE night they can eat from the kids' menu. ;)

We're evaluating Carnival and RCCL. We've both been on RCCL sans kids but never on Carnival. However, from reading all the posts, sounds like Carnival really does an outstanding job with the young uns.

Elizabeth

Thanks, Teena.

The kids' menu sounds like a child's dream and a healthy mom's worst nightmare!

Hopefully we can order from the main menu for our 2 and split it. I would rather have them eat from the main menu if it affords better alternatives. OK, maybe on ONE night they can eat from the kids' menu. ;)

Elizabeth

Ya know, the servers REALLY help with this. When my kids would sit down, the server would deliver a big huge fruit plate to each child...with different kinds of fruits that they aren't used to eating. They loved it.

My toddler wanted to order off of the adult menu every night. So there is still hope for some healthy selections. :D

crusinmama06: That would be ideal. Give them the healthy food and then bring out the junk and they will be too full to eat the junk food. ;)

Thanks for the info. It really sounds like the cruise ships go out of their way to accomodate the littlest passengers.

My kids were 5 and 7 on our first cruise. My older one is fairly picky and was more picky then, but we could often persuade them to try an adult appetizer before having their kid-menu food.

Mommyx2,

HI, we went to Tequila Beach in Costa Maya. It wasn't the best. Beach was dirty and the water not as clean as I wanted. We had a good day though. The pier was nice. Very busy! It was a nice place to walk around.

We found out that you have to get a ticket to get a cab if you get one at the pier. It was confusing at first, but we soon found the line. There is a place to find cabs elsewhere outside the pier area. I can't remember where they are though.

In Cozumel we went to Nachi Cocum. The beach is nice, but it does have a quick drop off to the ocean. They have a nice pool though and we had a great day.

My DD went to the camps in the evening also. They have some fun activities then . Dance parties, games , etc.

As far as menu goes, we would order something out of the kids menu and then I would order a veggie on the side, and a fruit plate to start. It is not a bad as it sounds.

She did eat off the adult menu 2 nights a enjoyed it.

We did not stay over in a hotel the night before so I can't help anyone there.

Just let me know what other questions that you have.

Teena

Archived