Oh Oh Food Tahitian Princess

Joshua1

I am off to French Polynesian Island in 4 weeks and have just read new review posted on Tahitian Princess. They say the food is horrible and other people have said the food was comparable to an old peoples home!

Can anyone who has recently come back from this (say Jan/Feb 07) cruise verify this?

Many thanks

I am off to French Polynesian Island in 4 weeks and have just read new review posted on Tahitian Princess. They say the food is horrible and other people have said the food was comparable to an old peoples home!

Can anyone who has recently come back from this (say Jan/Feb 07) cruise verify this?

Many thanks

Sailed Feb. 5th, 2007 & I thought the food was great! Sign me up for that old folks home anyday!! :D

Jan

I was also on the 2/5 sailing - food in the dining room was great. I wasn't crazy about most of the food in the buffet, but it may just be that I'm a very picky eater. I usually had pizza for lunch. Later in the day (around 3), they bring out fixings for made-to-order sandwiches that were yummy.

I think you'll be fine. Have a great cruise!

We sailed a while ago, but we were ready to dump Prnicess because of the lousy food we'd had on the Regal. It was the Tahitian and her excellent cuisine that has kept us sailing with Princess ever since.

You have to remember that perception is personal and what one person loves another hates. Enjoy your cruise and let us know how you think the food was!

Charlie

We found the food in the dining room to be fine, but the buffet and dining times for anything but the dining room were what wasn't the best.

Keep in mind, this ship is very small, and therefore does not offer the dining that the larger ships do. This could be part of the reason that you have read where some are dissatisfied with the dining experience onboard.

For us it would be difficult to compare the TP to other larger ships in the fleet where it comes to the dining and food served.

Stick to the dining room and you should be just fine.

The Tahitian Princess is one of my favorite ships, you picked a great cruise. (we are Platinum cruisers)The food was ok, the ship is so casual that we ate alot in the buffet, they will make anything for you, also the deck in back of the buffet was our favorite place to sit and eat. In the afternoon they make panni sandwiches, one day had a fresh tuna they caught and cooked, a ice cream bar and the pizza's are great. We had dinner a couple nights in there and they have a special menu to order from, also the coffe bar is there. I loved the buffet. This crew and Captain is AAA in my book.

Have fun.

Haven't been on since last May, but found the dining room food to be really good to great. I had a fantastic french onion soup, escargots and Beef Wellington, to mention a few. The buffet at times was so-so, especially the first night, but then we didn't get on board until almost midnight, so they kept it running a long time. My mom loved the pizza, and we had some great burgers from the grill. The afternoon tea was okay--but the waiters really weren't very interested in what they were doing, and seemed anxious to get us out of there (on 2 separate days)--whereas I've had tea on other Princess ships where it was quite an occasion.

Just to tell you, though--I'm the type who considers most meals that I don't have to prepare, cook and clean up after pretty great meals. I've been on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and HAL--have liked Prinsendam's food the best, but that was 2 years ago, and maybe that's changed.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Relax ,food is such a subjective topic. We were on the Tahitian BTB in Jan/Feb.We found the food to be good with some exceptional entrees. Crab legs were juicy and tender, New England mussels for lunch, encrusted white fish was outstanding, Rack of lamb superb . These are just a few that stand out in my memory from the cruise a month ago. We ate in the dining room as much as we could. We found the grilled chicken and hamb at pool to be quite good too.The homemade icecreams on the menue and at buffet from 3:30-4:30 were my husbands favorites.

You are headed for a trip of a lifetime and the food will just be a small portion of a fabulous vacation.

Cindy

we sailed on the Golden last year and had a great time in the carribean. Its just that we are travelling from London/overnight in LA/then on to Papeete and the review was so positively down. We want to relax and have fune on this one too. You guys have been so reassuring, thank you all once again.

Relax ,food is such a subjective topic. We were on the Tahitian BTB in Jan/Feb.We found the food to be good with some exceptional entrees. Crab legs were juicy and tender, New England mussels for lunch, encrusted white fish was outstanding, Rack of lamb superb . These are just a few that stand out in my memory from the cruise a month ago. We ate in the dining room as much as we could. We found the grilled chicken and hamb at pool to be quite good too.The homemade icecreams on the menue and at buffet from 3:30-4:30 were my husbands favorites.

You are headed for a trip of a lifetime and the food will just be a small portion of a fabulous vacation.

Cindy

Archived