Tampa Getting to the port

Muumuu

In answer to your question about driving to the Tampa port: Where will you be coming from? We have found it very easy but of course we live in the area. They have really done a nice job with the terminal & the parking is multi level & easy to get into & out of. It depends also on what cruise line your going to be going on. Hope this helps.

If you are in the work time traffic Mon-Fri. 7:30-8 a.m. or 5:00-6:00 p.m., yes it is always a nightmare. If you are going to the port on the weekend it isn't bad. There is construction on Hwy. 275 which slows traffic down.

Not wanting to start another thread, hoping someone viewing this will know the distance, cab fare, etc. from the Tampa airport to the Pier. Leaving on Miracle in April 2005. Any help/info will be appreciated... :)

We will be coming in from the north on I4. Will arrive Sat and sail our Sun. Was concerned with finding the port. We will be staying in the downtown area Sat night.

Thank everyone for your time and help.

We drove from Tennesse last year and I just went to mapquest and got the directions from I-75 to Port Tampa and it took us right there No problems.

Traffic wasn't that bad and it was Memorial Day week-end.

Also you can go to Port Tampa's web site as well they too have direction to the Port.

Muumuu - If you are driving into Tampa on Saturday on I-4, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Please keep in mind that there is construction (lots of it) for miles and miles starting around the area just W. of Disney and going to about the Hillsborough/Polk County Line. About 25 miles of construction, lane changes, etc. It has been running smoothly, except for the occassional accident, then it's a mess for sure.

Once you get into E. Tampa on I-4, it starts to get messy. They are reconstructing I-4 into downtown Tampa, including the I-4/I-275 Interchange.

To get to the Port of Tampa - Exit I-4 at the 22nd St. exit. At the base of the ramp, you have to go West one more block to catch 21st St S. (one way S.). Take 21st St. South to State Road 60 (Also marked as Adamo Drive). At SR60/Adamo Drive, turn right or to the West and follow the highway to where it turns to the left (it curves) and it then turns into Channelside Drive. If you keep going S. on Channelside Drive, you will arrive at the terminal for Carnival, right straight in front of you. There is a round-a-bout traffic island at that point. On your right will be the big parking garage for the Carnival terminals. From there, it's not hard to find the downtown Tampa hotels. There are signs on Adamo Drive and on Channelside Drive, and the terminals are clearly marked. This area of town is quite easy to drive around in on Saturday and Sunday.

Hope this helps.

Ken

We will also be driving to Tampa in December. We will arrive via I75 from the north. How is traffic coming from that direction? Also does anyone know if the parking garage waives the fee for handicap parking? I know the terminal parking in Miami does. thanks for any help

We came down for the north for a cruise over spring break. The traffic was a little heavy because of spring break. I found the directions to the pier easy to follow. My problem came on the other end. I must haved missed some signs, because I got lost looking for the interstate.

Archived