What type of room did you get at the Hyatt Miami?

For all of you that won Hyatt Regency Miami through Priceline, I am wondering what type of rooms did they give you?

I e-mailed the hotel after I received my confirmation # from Priceline for an October 2007 stay and requested a double bed room with the bay view. My reservation was noted about the beds but not the view.

Did anyone get their preferences? Please share what you experienced with paying such a low rate.

Thanks in advance

Donna

Donna,

We just stayed at Hyatt Miami downtown convention center one night pre cruise. Room was a high floor, view was pretty much a city view off to the side, looking over where the Miami river comes in. After reading some reviews on the hotel, I was starting to regret doing the priceline thing, it was my first time using priceline. I thought the hotel was very nice. The room was very nice. We ate at the sports bar and had breakfast in their restaurant in the morning, I found the service and the food to be very good. Contrary to some reviews I read on trip advisor. We did not walk around outside since we were only there one night. Not sure about the surrounding neighborhood. Lots of cranes and high rise construction going on around here during the daytime. I would stay there again.

Hope this helps,

Shar

We stayed there last September, and it was very nice. The hotel is clean, food is ok....and they have a building with connection to take the Metro Mover so you can ride over to Baywalk.

Don't venture out walking at night..take a cab. (or metro mover )

The hotel itself is very nice...no problems at all.

sdear, we are staying at the Hyatt in about a month. Also booked it through priceline and then read all the negative reviews. Kind of scared of this and no way out. Why would you say not to walk? How easy is the metro mover? :confused:

Our room was very nice. We had a king..facing the downtown area. I would have preferred looking over the bay...but it was nice anyways. It was clean..nice lobby area (they were updating it while we were there ) We ate in the restaurant..and had one drink in the lounge..both very nice. (a little pricey but heck..we are on vacation )

It does seem there was a car rental place right out front...but don't quote me for sure. They will charge you for parking your car there ..a daily fee..its a bit higher if you plan on taking the car in and out .

The metro mover is a free tram like train that takes you all around downtown miami. The hotel lobby is attached to a walkway that takes you up to the metro mover. You get on that, and get off at Bayfront Market. Ask at the desk to make sure what stop you get off at . Pay attention when you get off, so you get back on going the right direction haha..speaking from experience. All these downtown hotels are downtown..just like any big city...downtown areas tend to draw less than desirable people sometimes. I wouldn't walk back to the hotel after dark if you go to Bayfront. Get back on Metro mover. It's just not in an area to walk after dark..daytime is fine. I think they monitor the metro mover pretty close too by camera. On our way back , a guy got on at one stop that looked to be homeless. The next stop (maybe 2 minutes) , a cop got on and asked him to get off. (the guy looked like he was going to take a nap there )

Don't let this deter you. It was safe..and we did go with a group. I will post my album , and i think there is one of our room balcony..and the metro mover.

Hope this helps ! Have fun ! We are cruising in May..and I am thinking of booking it again !

2641106080092274605ajOEer_th.jpg

Archived