Any Gay Bars in Juneau, Sitka or Kitchikan?

SakeDad

Not sure if they have specific gay bars, but when I was there in September I did see a local paper advertising gay 'nites' at some bars.

Alaska is not a real happening place, so they MIGHT have one gay bar at a port. Its also a RED state...so don't expect much.

Having said all the negatives it was one of the best cruises I've ever taken, from flying in a float plane over the glaciers to snorkeling in ketchikan. I was so busy I didn't even think about going to a gay bar, however in Juneau I had an Alaskan with an Alaskan in Alaska.:D

Dave:eek:

I was so busy I didn't even think about going to a gay bar, however in Juneau I had an Alaskan with an Alaskan in Alaska.:D

Did you go to the brewery? That was perhaps one of the best stops we made in Juneau. We had rented a car for the day to do some 'exploring' and ended the day with the tour, many samples and taking a 6-pack to go. Ah, those Alaskans!

MMMMMMM:p ....seems I better watch out for those hot men in cold climates!! Would love to hear from more of you that met some Alaskan flavor while in ports! Any places better than others for a few hook-ups on Alaskan tours?:rolleyes:

I'll just have to weigh in and say that Alaskan men are some of the most beautiful in any cruise port of call. Forget about the board shorts and beaches...Alaska's the place to be.

Hi from Ketchikan, Alaska. Sorry to say that there are no gay bars in Ketchikan. I have not heard of gay bars in Sitka or Juneau but there may be some that I do not know of. If you like to kayak, then please come paddling with us at Southeast Sea Kayaks we are not GLB owned but we are very GLB friendly and have been written up in Damrons. If you are looking for a good place to get a drink in Ketchikan, there is a small wine bar called Fat Stans in the Salmon Landing building on the dock or take the tram from Creek Street to the lounge at Cape Fox Lodge for good cocktails and a great view. Happy cruising!

I checked my copy of the Damron Men's Guide and found the following:

Juneau: There is a BnB resort and spa that may offer day passes, Pearson's. Telephone, 888/658-6328

Also a restaurant, Inn at the Waterfront, 455 Franklin Street, 907/586-2050.

Ketchikan: They list Southeast Sea Kayak, 1007 Water Street, 800/287-1607.

Sitka: Lists two cafes. Backdoor Cafe, 104 Barracks (no street sign, behind Old Harbor Books on Lincoln Street. If this doesn't sound like a gay place, I don't know what does! 907/747-8856.

Mojo Cafe, Lincoln Street, veggie, 907/747-0667.

Also, you may want to check out:

http://www.outinjuneau.com/

http://www.gay.com/travel/article.html?sernum=9274

and of course you can "cruise" the individual rooms in gay.com

From my cursory look, I'd say you are going to have a better time looking for shore excursions when on shore, and men while asea!

Ken

Archived