Dobel anyone??

fatcat04

We were introduced to a liquor called Dobel while in Cancun a few years ago. Fantastic stuff but it is not available in the US for some odd reason. It is kinda like a tequila based Irish Cream like drink. YUM YUM!! ;) We also found it on a trip to Hermosillo, Mexico at the airport duty free shop.

Does anyone know if it is available in Cozumel and if so where is the best spot to get liquor on the way back to the ship after a day at Paradise Beach?

Also, we will probably buy several bottles. What is the deal with coming back into the US with more than our allotted 1 liter per person? How much is the charge?

Guess noone has heard of Dobel but that is okay. I HIGHLY reccommend for those wanting to bring home a liquid sovenier from Mexico. It is unreal!! If you like any of the "cream" liquors, you will want to swim in this stuff. :D

BUT... ANYWHO... where is the best place (with the best selection) to buy liquor in Cozumel? And how do you get there.. if by taxi how much from port??

• 1 year later...

It's on sale here in St Thomas at A.H. Riise for $5.95 (or close to that price). I had never heard of tequila cream, and found this thread when I googled. Guess I'll go buy a bottle or two since it's so highly recommended. At that price, why not?

Archived