Newbie Questions, Need Answers!!

delmar60

Hey everybody, first time cruiser here. I have searched for about 3 hours on these boards for some of my 10,000 question, but can not find some of the answers, like do the staterooms have hand held showers? What kind of toiletries do they supply as my wife has sensitive skin? Do they supply an alarm clock? Are there ice machines. Can you eat 3 or more lobsters at one sitting? Does the Conquest have a web cam. I am sure that all of these questions have been answered to death but as I said I am a newbie!!

Do the staterooms have hand held showers? Yes

What kind of toiletries do they supply as my wife has sensitive skin? Dove shampoo and Lever soap in a shower dispenser.

Do they supply an alarm clock? No

Are there ice machines. Your cabin steward will keep your ice bucket filled if you ask him/her.

Can you eat 3 or more lobsters at one sitting? On lobster night (Captain's welcome dinner) you can order as many as you want.

As far as the webcam - try http://www.krooozcams.com and see if you can find it.

like do the staterooms have hand held showers? What kind of toiletries do they supply as my wife has sensitive skin? Do they supply an alarm clock? Are there ice machines. Can you eat 3 or more lobsters at one sitting? Does the Conquest have a web cam. I am sure that all of these questions have been answered to death but as I said I am a newbie!!

The shower heads are adjustable, they can be lowered.

Your wife needs to bring her own toiletries if she has sensitive skin

You will need to bring your own Travel size alarm clock, Check Radio Shack.

Ice machines are located on LIDO Deck with the Juice bar but you can request Ice from your cabin steward.

I think the Lobster record is 9, we order 3.

No Cam on the Conquest

Fred

Just so you know too, if you have a question and you can't find a thread about it........go to the top of the page.......find search and put in whatever......like.......tipping or whatever and hit enter and it will pull up lots of past and present threads on that topic.......good way to find lots of answers to things

No Cam on the Conquest

While the Conquest itself doesn't have a webcam, some of the ports she visits [like Cozumel] do. The kroooz.cams site noted earlier has a "Portcams" section

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Excellent responses people, thank you so much!!

One more answer. . . .

There are no alarm clocks but you can set your phone to ring for a wake up call. They work wonderfully. They are loud and are located across the room so you have to get out of the bed in order to stop that "darn thing from ringing!!!":mad:

However, if you set it for 6:20 and then change your mind and set it for 7:20. It will ring at 6:20 and then at 7:20.:eek: I have never been able to figure out how to cancel one timer out and set a new one.

On one cruise . . . I set the phone for a 6:30 a.m. wake up call and then went out to party and drink the night away at the disco. When I returned to my room at 3:15 (drunk), I realized that 6:30 was a bit optomistic. Therefore I set the phone for 7:30. Then, I thought better of it and set it for 9:00. I ASSumed that one setting cancelled out the previous settings. Well, . . . my phone rang (loudly) at 6:30 - I answered it, went back to sleep, then it rang again at 7:30 - I answered it, went back to bed MAD:mad:, fell back to sleep at around 8:00 and, finally it rang again at 9:00:eek: .

Oh yeah, if you don't answer it, it rings about 10 times and then stops for maybe 5 minutes and then starts ringing again. That keep up until you answer the phone.

Moral of the story is, it works great but pick a time and stick to it.:p

We arrive back in Galveston at 8.00 am, do we get breakfast or do they just throw us off!!

That sounds like an enhanced debarkation technique, don't give them any ideas! :D

You can have breakfast on the Lido, watch others disembark instead of getting into the lines and be herded like cattle, as long as you don't have a early flight to catch etc.,

Welcome to the board, and enjoy your cruise! :)

Hi, and welcome to the boards. Ask anything you need to know.:)

do the staterooms have hand held showers?

I'm foggy on that, but I believe they're stationary shower heads, but adjustable.

What kind of toiletries do they supply as my wife has sensitive skin?

My last few cruises, I've seen Dove products in the bathroom. There are two dispensers in the shower. There's a combination shampoo/conditioner in one, and a body wash in the other. Also - there will be an amenity basket/bowl in your bathroom. This will be filled with sample-sized products. I've had toothbrush, toothpaste, Rolaids, Skittles, lotions, razors, bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, combs, etc. Different items on each cruise.

Do they supply an alarm clock?

No. I have a small travel alarm clock w/lighted dial. WalMart $4.

Are there ice machines.

There are ice machines on each deck. Your cabin steward will refill your ice bucket twice a day, when he services the cabin. However, stewards are off-duty from around noon to 5pm. If you think you will need ice during those hours, ask your steward where the ice machine is. I've gotten my own when needed. Otherwise, you can call room service for ice, but be sure and tip them $1.

Can you eat 3 or more lobsters at one sitting?

The lobsters are not large, and you are served the tails only. You can have as many as you care for. On Formal Night, I usually have prime rib and two lobster tails.

Oh, about the last breakfast. There will be SO many folks in the Lido buffet area, scrambling around. I always go to the dining room for a last leisurely breakfast. The last bit of personal attention I'll have for awhile. LOL

I hope you enjoy the Conquest.:)

Archived