Tidbits that helped on 2/25 Pride Sailing

Just back from the 2/25 Pride Sailing.

Tidbits I either gleaned from this site or I picked up.

PACK YOUR DUCT TAPE. Wouldn't you know, first time I left it home, son's bag was destroyed somehow getting it onto the plane and it had to be taped up with some flimsy tape United had.

Took waaaaaaay to many shoes, again. Only need three. Dressy, sneakers, flip flops.

Guitar on board. I can't find the original thread on this, but DH toted his guitar on board and he got thumbs up and smiles, that was it.

Saw security taking immediate action when needed. (alcohol was usually involved)

Gorgeous ship.

Short muster.

Very Clean.

Great cabin steward. Did everything we asked. Tipped when we first met him.

Ports have really improved since we were there several years ago. Marigalante pirate ship in PV is incredible. We did the day trip. We got off the ship just as the pirate ship was leaving. (the time thing land-vs-ship can be tricky, double check everything) No problem, they just loaded us onto a small boat and got us to the ship. Kids thought it added to the excitement!

Booked ALL our excursions independently. They were top notch. Never worried about getting back on time. Save 50-70 percent. (saved our family of 6 over a thousand dollars this way!)

Food was nice. Pizza was excellent. Had to tell the kids to quit tempting me with it after day three. Veggies and salads were really good. Not sure how good, I haven't gotten on the scale yet, although DH just holllered out that he gained 8 pounds, and he worked out every day.

Gym was clean and the equipment in good shape. No wait for equipment. Everyone was real friendly.

Legends show was unreal. Some professionals had auditioned (they are in theater at home) and they were AWESOME. Even the rookies were loveable because you could see how hard they were trying.

Smuggled 4 bottles of wine on board. No problem.

Only thing I didn't like was that I had an extended balcony on deck seven that was set in and all the ashes from smokers would make their way to our balcony. Without my saying anything our room steward cleaned the ashes up each day, but it still was gross when you wanted to go out there barefoot.

Time to go unpack, as I sip on my Amarula (from the Pride's gift shop...super smooth and yummy!) and plot the next cruise.

Post any questions. We traveled with a large group from 6 years old to 75 and got lots of input from them so we will try to answer any questions you have.

Thanks for the info! We leave in 7 weeks! A couple of questions:

What cabin were you in? We are booked in a cat 9A on deck 7 - cabin 7301. Do you think we will have the problem with the ashes?

Did you book the pirate ship excursion on your own or through Carnival? My daughter is 7 1/2 and my son is 4. Will they enjoy it or are they too young? Anything you can tell us about Camp Carnival for these ages would be much appreciated!

Finally, what sort of reaction were you expecting about the guitar??

Thank you again!

Your kids will love the pirate show. It is tough to catch the morning/afternoon show and we had to run to the pier, catch the little motorboat etc. We booked that one ourselves at puertavallartatours.net if I recall correctly. (or google Marigalante Pirate Ship) It was half the price that the ship was charging. The ship does offer the evening excursion. You could still try booking that one on your own. We watched it come in to port that night and lots of kids were on board. The crew on the pirate ship dotes on the kids and really makes them feel special.

We were in cabin 7246. It was tucked back in a corner sort of (just look at the deck plans and you'll see what I mean).

We didn't get any wind but we did get quite a bit of smoke and of course the ashes. It was a minor irritation. Next time we'd love to try one of those rear aft wrap balconies. But then I think the wind might be an issue. (it's always something, isn't it?)

Was your family the only one on the Pride that attempted the morning pirate excursion? I would think that there would be plenty of folks attempting to go. Then again, obviously not many since the tour group doesn't schedule their excursion to leave 1/2-hour later so that people have time to make it.

Tony

Archived