Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

We were on the Miracle last year and it had a hair dryer. Does anyone know if the Fantasy has hair dryers? Also, in the bathroom, is there room/shelves to put your hair stuff like the Miracle or do I need to take an over the door shoe holder? One last question, our room only has 1 fold down and the Carnival agent said that would work best for my family of 4 since I have a two year old. She said they would bring us a roll away. Has anyone ever had experience with those?

We leave on the Fantasy in two weeks! Just wanted to know if there was a separate room key on the Fantasy or do you use your S & S card as a key? Also, does the room safe have a keypad or do you need to use a card with a magnetic strip? Thanks in advance.

Dawn

We were on the Miracle last year and it had a hair dryer. Does anyone know if the Fantasy has hair dryers? Also, in the bathroom, is there room/shelves to put your hair stuff like the Miracle or do I need to take an over the door shoe holder? One last question, our room only has 1 fold down and the Carnival agent said that would work best for my family of 4 since I have a two year old. She said they would bring us a roll away. Has anyone ever had experience with those?

Fantasy does not have a hair dryers. There is one narrow shelf above the sink.

Look at the deck plan for the Fantasy. If your cabin has two dots on it, it has two upper pullman berths. The rollaway is a narrow low bed. Reminds me of an oversized stretcher.

Dave

We leave on the Fantasy in two weeks! Just wanted to know if there was a separate room key on the Fantasy or do you use your S & S card as a key? Also, does the room safe have a keypad or do you need to use a card with a magnetic strip? Thanks in advance.

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

There is a seperate plastic multi holed key for the room. Room safe has a keypad. Dont confuse it as being a microwave as my wife's Uncle did on his first cruise. He put his plate inside and could not figure out how to turn it on.:eek:

I will be getting back on the Fantasy as you are getting off if you are getting on Oct 6th.

Dave

No hairdryer in our cabins. I had plenty of room for my stuff in the bathroom. of course, I don't know how much stuff you have :)

The one Upper with a cot (roll away) is how we have cruised for years. Our youngest son is a special needs child and even at 16 could not sleep in an upper. The oldest always slept in the Upper and they brought in a cot. I say cot instead of roll away because it did not fold in the middle. It has always been very comfortable.

I will make this note. In years past, the cot has never gotten in the way.

However, in years past we always slept with the twins apart. On our past trip the twins were together and the cot was right under the Upper and it broke the flow of the room (to me).

We have been doing this for years on Fantasy class ships and I never noticed that before. It was still fine...just different.

I have some questions about arriving at the terminal. We will be driving in the night before and staying with some friends on the Northshore. Friend works in downtown NOLA and is going to drive us over Monday morning.

1. Where do I tell her to drop us off? I know Erato St. Terminal, but some exact directions would be helpful, are there signs telling you where to go? Where do we go if we're just being dropped off and not needing to park?

2. It will probably be early when we arrive (8:30-9:00). I know we won't be able to embark at this time, will they hold our luggage at the terminal while we leave and go grab some breakfast?

3. Should we just be dropped off at Cafe Du Monde or the Riverwalk and schlep our luggage with us down to to the terminal (taxi???) when it's time for embarkation?

I know I'm probably worrying about this too much, but it's my first time so I can't help it!! Thanks!

Hi fellow cruisers,

I have a question. What is water wars? Is there a age requirement?

Thanks,

Neworleanscruiser:)

It is basically a slingshot mounted in opposing cages. You shoot a water balloon at the other cage and try to break it on top to soak those underneath. They usually have 3 age groups on the Fantasy throughout the day. (for some strange reason on the Conquest, it was 18 and older ONLY)

Dave

I have some questions about arriving at the terminal. We will be driving in the night before and staying with some friends on the Northshore. Friend works in downtown NOLA and is going to drive us over Monday morning.

1. Where do I tell her to drop us off? I know Erato St. Terminal, but some exact directions would be helpful, are there signs telling you where to go? Where do we go if we're just being dropped off and not needing to park?

Take I-10 to Hwy 90W (towards the Westbank). Take exit 11C Tchoupitoulas and South Peters St. As you come down the ramp, get in the right lane. Once you pass the first redlight, get in the far right lane. Turn right at the second redlight. Stay in the left lane. At the next redlight, turn left on Henderson St. Take it all the way to the end and cross over the railroad tracks. Turn left and you will see a reddish/orange building on the right which is the terminal. The drop off point is at the end of the building. There will be an officer directing traffic.

2. It will probably be early when we arrive (8:30-9:00). I know we won't be able to embark at this time, will they hold our luggage at the terminal while we leave and go grab some breakfast?

That is way too early. Go get your breakfast first. The porters are going to be too busy with disembarking passengers. They will not let you into the terminal until 10:30 (processing area).

3. Should we just be dropped off at Cafe Du Monde or the Riverwalk and schlep our luggage with us down to to the terminal (taxi???) when it's time for embarkation?

See answer above. If at the Riverwalk, you are within walking distance. The Cafe Du Monde in the Riverwalk does not open until 9am. The one on Decatur St is open 24 hours a day except Christmas.

I know I'm probably worrying about this too much, but it's my first time so I can't help it!! Thanks!

No problem at all. I rather be aware of things before I go as it puts you more in control of the situation if something were to occur.

Dave

So am I correcting in saying that we cannot store our luggage at the terminal until embarking time if we get there early?

I have not heard of anyone doing it in New Orleans but that is not to say it cannot be done.

You could email the Port Authority. Mr. Robert Jumonville, is the Director. Email: jumonviller@portno.com

From the Port of New Orleans website:

Is there a location to store my baggage if I wish to go shopping or explore the area prior to checking in for my cruise?

On embarkation your checked baggage will be taken from you upon arrival.

Dave

It is basically a slingshot mounted in opposing cages. You shoot a water balloon at the other cage and try to break it on top to soak those underneath. They usually have 3 age groups on the Fantasy throughout the day. (for some strange reason on the Conquest, it was 18 and older ONLY)

Dave

That IS really weird - it was mostly kids and teens doing it on the Fantasy when we were there 2 weeks ago. My daughter wanted to try it, but she's 6 and I didn't think she'd have the strength to get the balloons all the way to the other side.

That IS really weird - it was mostly kids and teens doing it on the Fantasy when we were there 2 weeks ago. My daughter wanted to try it, but she's 6 and I didn't think she'd have the strength to get the balloons all the way to the other side.

The age categories were:

18 and over

15-17

14 and under

Each age catergory was held at a different time throughout the day.

Dave

It's been a little while, but I finally posted my review. You can find it at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=32703. I completely forgot to mention the complementary sushi, which was delicious, & the selection varied from day to day. I also spelled Progreso wrong, but didn't notice until after I'd posted.:o

Hope it helps someone, let me know if you have any questions!

Has any of you past cruisers stayed in R-19 on Fantasy? Not to happy with my cabin assignment for my upcoming 4 day cruise? :mad: In January I was on Empress deck & loved it. Not so lucky this time.

Brenda,

The great thing about being in that area is the quick access on and off the ship when docked in port. I was in R98 (4A) on my last cruise and will be in R46 (6A) on my next one. It is a quick elevator ride to Deck 9 or 10 where everything is taking place. I make sure that my dining time is 6:15 so that it will be in the Celebration dining room which is closer to the forward elevators.

Plus the area you are in has very little foot traffic.

Dave

Brenda,

The great thing about being in that area is the quick access on and off the ship when docked in port. I was in R98 (4A) on my last cruise and will be in R46 (6A) on my next one. It is a quick elevator ride to Deck 9 or 10 where everything is taking place. I make sure that my dining time is 6:15 so that it will be in the Celebration dining room which is closer to the forward elevators.

Plus the area you are in has very little foot traffic.

Dave

That makes me feel good about R41 he assigned me with my military discount.

The PVP also gave me an IS Guarantee for the second room but did say they would be close together. I don't care really though as it will be occupied by 2 18 year olds and a 14 year old.

Archived